Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0962  (Read 1861 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0962
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:14:40 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0962
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 04:19:59 AM »
Thomas Jennings' tombstone!  1944-1968.   Carolyn VO: "Bruno has replaced the silver bullets in Jeb's gun with ordinary ones..."  ... and he has replaced Jeb's usual coffee with Folger's crystals!!

Megan has the black afghan on her again.   Her betrayal triggers Jeb's first spark of a sense of responsibility... it makes sense.  His "mother" betraying him forces Jeb to begin to get the idea of forgiving and mercy.   He's motivated to search his head for a justification to forgive, and easily finds one... it was his fault.   He never had the slightest motivation to do this with anyone before.   And so starts Jeb's moral education, though I don't care one bit, since he's done so much crap to so many people already, and never even confesses.   So what if he starts being nicer?   Are we supposed to give him a medal for that?

I like Q and Chris's scenes, Q saying Chris tore a dead man to pieces, CJ saying 'horrible', then Q saying it's better than having him walk around.

Ooh, zombie army!  Or zombie platoon?  Lets' just be glad the first body part to emerge from the dirt was a hand...  These guys are pretty stiff....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:20:55 AM »
I'm wondering how much more Chris can take. My god, Jim! He's been beaten, bruised, tormented, shot at...

And the Handsomest Man on the Planet Award goes to...Dave Selby. Yabba abba doo! Love the turtleneck/sports jacket ensemble.

Jeb and Bruno - they're like two 9 year old bullies that you just want to shut up in a room somewhere and feed them gruel and decaf coffee. Get a grip, boys.

OK. What's with the graves being so weirdly close together? They running out of plot space at Eagle Hill or what? And this thing where the hands reach up out of the ground. I've seen it several times (on TV, not in real life, folks) throughout my many years and always wondered ...well, it always appears that they're buried in the ground sans coffin. I mean, if you're in a coffin underground, it must take an awful lot of strength to open that lid.

Looking forward (and only for the sake of this thread) to seeing what Jeb has in store for the Collins clan. Bwah, ha , ha!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:27 AM »
And the Handsomest Man on the Planet Award goes to...Dave Selby. Yabba abba doo! Love the turtleneck/sports jacket ensemble.
Yes, it's much nicer than the blazer was

OK. What's with the graves being so weirdly close together?
I think you're talking about the final scene of the episode, but I was noticing it in the first scene.  Tom Jennings, Sheriff Davenport, Jerimiah Collins, and Jenny Collins, all scrunched together.  Never mind, it was fun to see four graves from four separate storylines like that.

Megan has the black afghan on her again.   Her betrayal triggers Jeb's first spark of a sense of responsibility... it makes sense.
It didn't make sense to me.  Chris Pennock acted it fine - but I just couldn't believe it.  But I love seeing Megan as a vampire victim.  She enjoys it so much!

Does Carolyn not remember how she felt the first time she met Quentin? "I did but see him passing by, and yet I'll love him till I die."  That didn't last long!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 03:13:29 AM »
I'm thinking the mother-son connection is so primal that it cut right through Jeb's totally bastardly nature, surprising even him.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
And that's why Jeb kissed Megan in a decidedly unfilial manner?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »

Well, I never said he wasn't a very confused guy...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
3/3/70

Nancy's dress is a very pretty with a nice toned down green color and I like it very much.  

Poor Quentin!  I wish the writers would have given him more to do in the present.  :SIGH:

Great acting on Micheal Stroka’s part  while he gently strokes Megan's scarf!  It's the small nuisances that really sell a performance.

Christopher P has really really pretty eyes but don't tell David I said anything!  ;)

“I made Barnabas into a vampire….and Barnabas made her into one!”  Uh Jeb…she isn’t a vampire!

“Now when night comes I want...you to make sure Megan doesn't leave this house….doesn't go to him…because when He's destroyed she won't be able to go to him!”  ROFLMAO  HA!  That didn't make much sense as I suppose CP went up on his lines as he seems to be struggling!

Having two of Dark Shadows sexiest men in one scene?  My head may explode!!  Also the scene between Chris and Quentin was extremely touching.  It's a pity we didn't get more with these two.  :(

“Why are there so many ways of losing people and so few of holding on?”  --Carolyn   Great line that holds a lot of truth!  

Bruno really has taken the time to pile on the blush today.  I think it takes him about an hour to get all that drag on. ;)

Did anyone notice the tombstone move when Jeb passed Thomas Findley gravestone?  

A gang of zombies! YAY!  I love zombies as I have mentioned before even though they terrify me.  I think that is part of the thrill though.  
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »
Jeb and Bruno - they're like two 9 year old bullies that you just want to shut up in a room somewhere and feed them gruel and decaf coffee. Get a grip, boys.

Actually, that might be too flattering a description for them.

Poor Quentin!  I wish the writers would have given him more to do in the present.  :SIGH:

Also the scene between Chris and Quentin was extremely touching.  It's a pity we didn't get more with these two.  :(

You've hit on two of my biggest pet peeves about this period. In the first case, though, at least it's not unusual in the soap world for a character to go from a front burner storyline to the back burner so other characters can take center stage. But the lack of interaction between Chris and Quentin is criminal. DS really dropped the ball in not fully exploring their relationship. But then, apparently DC was far more interested in alienating his audience with what ultimately amounted to Leviathans foolishness rather than drawing them in by focusing on a relationship that cried out to be explored because it had been one of the cruxes of more than a year's worth of previous storytelling.  [snow_rolleyes]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 01:54:55 AM »
Agreed.   The moment Q and Chris came together the writing got better, because for once the writers had something worthwhile to write about.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
I find it hard to believe that Quentin accomplished anything by getting close to the wolf and addressing Chris, even at the cusp of dawn.  Would he have been so brazen if not for the portrait?  And btw, I'm not sure that the wolf wouldn't have killed Sabrina during the last full moon had Bruno not come along.

I agree with Magnus-- the dialogue became wonderful as soon as Chris and Quentin were put together.  Kudos to Violet Welles for--

Chris:  "I am what I am because of you. Now you owe me something. I want you to kill me right now."
and
Carolyn to Jeb:  "I feel that I'm doomed to lose everyone."
and more!  Taeylor quoted one of my favorites!

Chris to Quentin:  "You didn't have an enemy that knew your secret."
Oh boy, did he ever!!

Chris Pennock made no attempt to wipe Stroka's spit off his face.  That's concentration!  And he did a great job with the incantation in the graveyard; however, it looked like he was staring in one place.  Hmm.  As soon as he looked toward the graves, it started to go downhill a bit, sigh.

Jeb:  "...Five new souls for you to claim..."
I'm counting 6 enemies-- Barnabas, Quentin, Roger, Julia, Maggie and Willie-- so I must be overthinking it.

VO: "Bruno has replaced the silver bullets in Jeb's gun with ordinary ones..."  ... and he has replaced Jeb's usual coffee with Folger's crystals!!

Lets' just be glad the first body part to emerge from the dirt was a hand...  These guys are pretty stiff....

ROFL

Her betrayal triggers Jeb's first spark of a sense of responsibility... it makes sense.  His "mother" betraying him forces Jeb to begin to get the idea of forgiving and mercy.   He's motivated to search his head for a justification to forgive, and easily finds one... it was his fault.   He never had the slightest motivation to do this with anyone before.   And so starts Jeb's moral education, though I don't care one bit, since he's done so much crap to so many people already, and never even confesses.

I was surprised to hear him say "Poor Megan" (a woman he called expendable not very long ago), but I think that's the sum total of any growth I saw in him here.  He already admitted that turning Barnabas was a mistake.  He already stopped wanting to change into the creature because the thing was scary to Carolyn.  And he's ready to sic zombies on his enemies, and I'm not sure that Megan's supposed betrayal was the only thing that set him off; he seemed pretty perturbed to learn that Quentin urged Carolyn to stop seeing him.  What a big baby.

And this thing where the hands reach up out of the ground. I've seen it several times (on TV, not in real life, folks) throughout my many years and always wondered ...well, it always appears that they're buried in the ground sans coffin. I mean, if you're in a coffin underground, it must take an awful lot of strength to open that lid.

It scared the crap out of me in Carrie because it was so unexpected, and yeah-- there was no coffin or official burial for that one to have us scratching out heads, plus we're not even sure if it was supposed to be real.

Well, I never said he wasn't a very confused guy...

It's just my take, but with this viewing I saw the kiss as more calculated than Oedipal, a proof of his autonomy.  He said afterward that he was tired of having her think of him as Alexander or Michael, and told her that she didn't have the special hold on him that she did with them.

The hand poking out of Findley's grave belonged to Charles Rush, though he won't get to play his zombie.  But we know that he can move about silently because we've seen him before as the Grant Douglas impersonator who walked around Collinwood and peered in through the window of the antique shop.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 01:46:49 PM »
[spoiler]Do you think they could have kept Don on the show if they had actually made the plot stronger with Quentin and Chris? If I remember he is not on for too much longer.[/spoiler]

It would be great to see more of a Quentin and Chris story.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 09:16:01 PM »
In response to LORI  [spoiler]Don left DS because he was ill.[/spoiler]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/