Author Topic: Am i the only person here annoyed with Jeff Clark?  (Read 4774 times)

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Am i the only person here annoyed with Jeff Clark?
« on: August 03, 2002, 12:32:23 PM »
I didn't particularly like him in the 1795 flashback as peter bradford, but now as jeff clark he is horrible.  He always seems to be irascible and moody, and is seldom friendly to anyone on the show. Actually i am holding back - i can't stand watching him!  LMAO.  I can't wait till he is off the show.  

In the looks department i guess he is ok looking if you are into the nordic look.  Is he supposed to be sexy on the show? LOL -  cuz i am just not seeing that working for me at all.  I think Nicolas Blair or Prof Stokes have a better chance at that - lmao!.!! ;D

Offline Nicole

• Junior Poster
  • ...But I look so innocent
    • View Profile
Re: Am i the only person here annoyed with Jeff Clark?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2002, 12:39:49 PM »
I don't believe you're alone in this one.  Jeff Clark is like the cliched nails on a chalkboard.   He is annoying unto no end.

Connie

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2002, 01:41:47 PM »
Jeff Clark is about as sexy as a potato.

I'd take Professor Stokes over him ANY day.   :-*

-CLC

Offline Maggie Evans

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas..you can nail me in your coffin anytime~!
    • View Profile
    • The Old House
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 04:41:34 PM »
I didn't particularly like him in the 1795 flashback as peter bradford, but now as jeff clark he is horrible.  He always seems to be irascible and moody, and is seldom friendly to anyone on the show. Actually i am holding back - i can't stand watching him!  LMAO.  I can't wait till he is off the show.  

In the looks department i guess he is ok looking if you are into the nordic look.  Is he supposed to be sexy on the show? LOL -  cuz i am just not seeing that working for me at all.  I think Nicolas Blair or Prof Stokes have a better chance at that - lmao!.!! ;D

Absolutely stole the words right outta my mouth~! :o
Happiness isnt having what you want..it's wanting what you have.

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 04:42:44 PM »
 I can't wait till he is off the show.  

Don't hold your breath...Unfortunately, he is with us for a while [puke]
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2002, 05:00:13 PM »
spoilers

I found Morgan to be far more annoying THe Whine Factor!!! He should have been locked in that room with Hallie/Carrie for eternity!

jennifer
Throw in Amanda Harris too!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2002, 06:25:21 PM »
I can take him or leave him.  I agree with you that he's more annoying as Jeff than as Peter.  I thought the change seemed appropriate in a way though since I'm sure the time travel, confused identity and getting used to the 20th century in the capacity of a grave digger for a mad scientist would tend to play on your frustration factor.   :P
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2002, 08:44:06 PM »
Actually, I LIKE actors from the Keystone Cops School of Acting! ;D Grabbing his head in an exaggerated manner ALWAYS does it for me!  ;)

Oh wait, no sarcasm, uhhh.... no, you are not alone. I do honestly think he is quite handsome until he opens his mouth or acts like a donkey. Which is pretty much all of the time. The last time I watched I was happy to see Roger Davis on the show, as I had not originally watched his antics on DS and I instead remembered him fondly from "Alias Smith and Jones". I honestly have no idea if he was better on AS&J or if I was young and brain dead. I know it was acknowledged at the time that Davis wasn't as appealing as the original actor playing the role. But after Peter Duel's suicide, it was accepted that he was an hard act to follow and people hoped for the popular show to go on. If I was brain dead (unfortunately quite likely) , I don't think I was alone.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2002, 11:05:44 PM »
When I was a ttenager, I actually thought Davis was pretty cute in 1795, and he and Vicki made a sweet couple.  Watching him as an adult, however,  I find him boorish, annoying, bombastic, self-involved and just plain DULL.  I would imagine Vicki would prefer Barnabas, Willie or even Carolyn to him!

Now, do you want me to tell you what I REALLY think?

Love, Robin

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2002, 11:52:57 PM »
I don't believe you're alone in this one.  Jeff Clark is like the cliched nails on a chalkboard.   He is annoying unto no end.

PERFECT description of Jeff Clark throughout this entire storyline.

I did like Peter Bradford and could tolerate Davis' 1897 roles but.....the fastforward button does get used quite a bit.
Wiley S.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2002, 11:57:15 PM »
When I was a teenager, I actually thought Davis was pretty cute in 1795, and he and Vicki made a sweet couple.  Watching him as an adult, however,  I find him boorish, annoying, bombastic, self-involved and just plain DULL.  I would imagine Vicki would prefer Barnabas, Willie or even Carolyn to him!

Love, Robin

I'm with Robin on this one, as a kid I thought he was a doll and I even liked his acting because he was so extreme. Coming from a Sicilian family, I thought the extremism (most of all the yelling and hand gestures - lol) were more true to life than the more subdued acting styles of the day - so to speak, as I know DS was known for it's campy acting styles. Now as an adult I do admit that I wonder what I ever saw in Davis' characters, as now I don't even find him particularly attractive. And I find his acting style is just plain corny.

Dom

P.S. Adult & admit are not words according to  Spellcheck. >:(

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2002, 12:01:48 AM »
I remember seeing his first episode on Sci Fi a few months ago. I thought he wasn't that good in it..but he's gonna improve, I know he will!

Boy, how wrong I was. He didn't improve...IMO he deproved. I don't know how Vicki could like him. If I was Barnabas, I'd get out that old cane  ;D or he, like Ralph Cramden would do, he could send Jeff boom zoom straight to the moon.

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2002, 01:00:08 AM »

Possible Spoilers...

Unfortunately, most of the Roger Davis characters are as obnoxious as Jeff/Peter.  The exception, IMO is vampire Dirk W., who is at least watchable.

MrsJ.

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2002, 01:07:49 AM »
I would imagine Vicki would prefer Barnabas, Willie or even Carolyn to him!

Bwahaha! With Carolyn's luck in men, maybe she would take Vicki up on the proposition .... *giggle*

I don't mind Jeff THAT much, mostly because I find Barnabus incredibly boring too, but see, Barnabus is in charge of the experiment, so it's Barnabus's fault that Jeff is there in the first place, so I can stand Jeff because I'm so busy hating Barnabus, I don't notice him. LOL [nuts] Makes sense to me! But him with Vicki is a totally different story. I'm glad she dumped him *evil laugh*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2002, 01:56:06 AM »
No, no you're not.  In fact, I think it's safe to say that you have a lot of company on this particular individual  8)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga