Author Topic: Most disturbing DS moments  (Read 12088 times)

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
Re: Most disturbing DS moments
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2002, 06:58:30 AM »
I hated it when Barnabas beat Willie. That one
still gets to me.
And my second pick-1841PT storyline.
Isn't that the one with Bramwell? Yuck!

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2002, 06:29:05 PM »
Julianka, I think 1841PT had its merits, but the one main thing that bothered me was

(possible spoiler)

that there were no characters from the main storyline (that is, 1971RT) to keep us anchored in "our" DS universe.  This was the only storyline that pretty much happened in a vacuum, and it felt irrelevant to the overall story.  It was an interesting way for the actors to explore different types of characters, though.  Which part of that story did you find disturbing?

Joe   :)

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2002, 06:37:43 PM »
For me it was the ghost of Gerard.  When I first saw it when I was a kid it scared me so much.  Last year when I saw it again it still scared me just as much.  The green light he was always in along with that evil look on his face would just give me the shivers.

I agree Gerard was a very menacing figure with his ELVIS-like snarl and green light.  Just what did he want .. you had no idea and neither did the people he possessed. .other than killing your best friend and one-true love in the whole world. . little things like that. . .
Julia99

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2002, 06:40:30 PM »
and it drove me crazy when the Chris Jennings "problem was never solved (2). He just disappeared with Amy.                             Left hanging, Misty

Agreed.  .little Amy did she have boys. .are they terrorizing Maine as we speak??
Julia99

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2002, 05:01:47 AM »
::)Hmmmm----food for thought, Julia99. However, I just came back from a vacation in Maine and the New England area and there was no sign of animal attacks!!!
Of course, the moon wasn't full!!!

Ever vigilant, Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2002, 10:09:27 PM »
It was disturbing when Lt. Forbes contemplated doing harm to Millicents brother.  

Another disturbing story when when Rev. Trask when married to Judith tried to drive her insane;   also when Lt. Forbes tried to drive Millicent insane.  

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2002, 07:02:31 AM »
Usually the vampire scenes are so stagey and badly done...

BUT--

In at the end of Thursday's (8/15) first episode, it totally looked scary AND real when Angelique took a bite outta Barnabas!

Yikes!
[scrdy][shkdb][undg]
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2002, 07:23:02 AM »
Another disturbing moment that comes to mind occurred during the period when David was in the throes of his fear of Barnabas.  I remember Burke trying to comfort David, and then wondering just what sort of monster Barnabas was to cause such a reaction in David.  I remember getting a definite sense that the subtext of the scene was that Burke suspected Barnabas of being a child molester.  It was subtle and not lingered on, but I found it rather disturbing nonetheless.

Regards,

John

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2002, 11:21:53 AM »
Another disturbing story when when Rev. Trask when married to Judith tried to drive her insane;    

I totally agree. And what got me was that he was "suppose" to be a man of the cloth.

SPOILER......SPOILER......SPOILER........SPOILER..........

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I was so happy when Judith finally got her revenge for this in the end. ;)
"Calamity Jane"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2008, 08:25:33 PM »
The first most disturbing event on Dark Shadows was when Vicki killed Noah Gifford, >:(

[spoiler]

Right, Vicki should have let Noah live and and let him strangle Daniel to death and therefore let generations of Collins cease to exist.

I don't see Noah's death disturbing at all, it was a necessary evil for the survival of every single Collins yet to come.

Tripwire questions Barnabas wanting to help Chris Jennings, someone he barely knew...what's wrong with that? Chris was under a curse and Barnabas himself knew all too well what it was like living under a curse. He felt sympathy for Chris' plight. I admire Barnabas for this and wanting to help Chris.

As for disturbing moments, I concur that the murders of Dr. Woodard and Carl were very disturbing. Carl a bit more considering he was a blood relative of Barnabas'.

I mean, when Vicki shot Noah, it was to save Daniel's life...she had no choice. I believe and still do Barnabas could have found another, less harsh way to deal with Carl. [/spoiler]