Author Topic: THE SATANIC RITUAL (JESUS blooper)  (Read 984 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
THE SATANIC RITUAL (JESUS blooper)
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:26 PM »
Does anyone know what the heck what happening in the studio when this particular blooper was happening. I have always thought it was funny that someone screamed "JESUS" out loud during a Satanic ritual! It was a stage hand wasn't it?  So funny!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: THE SATANIC RITUAL (JESUS blooper)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:57:44 PM »
I played that blooper once for my kids and they thought it was hysterical.  Anyway, I don't think we know for sure that it was a stagehand.  Here's one possible explanation:

Then there's this scene again involving Humbert, though the blooper was not at all his fault.  When, as Evan Hanley, he was dismissing the "shade" of Minerva Trask (a simulacrum created through one of Evan's few workable spells--quite a clever one, actually), the director had failed to realize that Jerry Lacey, Joan Bennett, and Clarice Blackburn would need to dash ACROSS the camera on the very set where Humbert was reciting his incantation.  I swear you can hear Jerry muttering "Jesus!" as he and the two ladies scamper madly across that set!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »
Egad, I just saw it again, and assumed it was some flunkie who was supposed to do some technical task... did three actors really zoom across my screen just then?!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:27:36 AM »
Midnite honey, did I really write that back in 2002?  The weird thing is--I can actually sort of recall writing that!

You score top points in super-deft internet skill for retrieving that ancient post!

Hats off (if I wore one)

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 02:33:45 AM »
Thanks Midnite for digging that up! That is a very plausible reason for that particular blooper! All I know is that it makes me cackle like Angelique!!  [ghost_grin]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 02:39:38 AM »
You hear the director (maybe H. Kaplan?) yell "cut!" and Grayson Hall just glares at him and says: "WHY?" No question who was in charge on set that day!Gothick

Grayson makes me laugh my ass off when she deadpans, "WHY!" She is OVER IT!   Makes me love Grayson all the more! :)

Sorry for the double post but I had to add this.  I love that blooper/cut and am so glad for JOE! THANK YOU JOE for saving that priceless artifact!

BTW...Midnite I am gonna try harder to find stuff instead of repeating threads! ;)