Author Topic: Maggie Escapes  (Read 2756 times)

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Escapes
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »
i agree, buut i wasn't refering to the storyline or the writers. buut just barnabas in particular. story wise & writers wise i agree. & i'm also THRILLED that he didn't kill them. i was just saying like the 1st poster of this thread that since Barnabas has strength & can take the two of them to kill them. why didn't he?  i don't think he was starting to really be humanized yet. i'm in the middle of episode #286 i think? which actually just ended. & he's already started to i guess you could say Court Vicki Winters & he's just starting to look a tiny bit humanized well towards her anyways.  he hasn't stopped being evil yet. that's not for awhile in this era of the show.
anyways that's what i think the original poster meant.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 09:11:11 PM »
It seems to me that Barnabas doesn't know quite what to do. Above all, he does not want to be discovered as Maggie's kidnapper. To kill Maggie on the spot would perhaps jeopardize his secret when Sam came along.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »
Happy New Year everyone.  I was thinking that maybe he did not kill her either was because he actually began to care for her and others too but Maggie especially.  Maybe he could not go through with it despite his strength.  Yes, I know if Maggie was discovered his plans and discovery would be all screwed up again. However, he sure threatened her enough but he never actually did her any real physical harm..mental agony yes but not any real physical harm.  For all his interest in Victoria he always kept his interest in Maggie too.   For the rest of the show they had a type of bond and maybe it stemmed from that encounter.

(edited by admin)
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »
I don't think that Barnabas would have felt any compunction about killing Maggie at that point.

I don't think he was hypnotizing her in any way.

I don't think he would have had any trouble - physical or emotional - killing Sam as well.

I don't think it occurred to him that other people might come along.

I don't think he was worried about consequences.  After all, he didn't think about consequences when he was planning to kill Burke in cold blood.  It was left to Willie to point out the consequences to him.

I need to watch this episode again, but what I'm thinking is that maybe Barnabas was thrown off by the location.  He had just come through the maze underneath the Old House that exited onto the beach.  Maybe, because of that, he still had a feeling that he was in his own house - or at least in his own territory - and it was a great shock to Barnabas when Sam stumbled uninvited into that territory, to such an extent that Barnabas was slightly disoriented and couldn't think fast and clearly.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 11:54:35 PM »
or cause he was just completely taken aback when he heard Sam coming & it surprised the hell out of him & he didn't have time to think or react. soo he just bailed. i also viewed that episode the last nite i think? that you pointed out Lydia. & you would be correct. he just wanted to kill burke, & he had forgotten that Jason was a nobody that nobody could care less if he was killed or never returned EVER again. well maybe the law on the killing part had they decided to have "Sheriff Patterson" find out he was killed. but other than that nobody really cared about him. except maybe Willie to a degree. anyways, Burke was a rich man & that has always bugged me on how did he make his millions? & [spoiler]why did they kill the character off?[/spoiler] i know why the actors left. maybe they just ran out of story for him & for things for him to do? anyways, Barnabas did forget that Burke was a well known & liked man by MANY &  a rich man & people would look for him IF He all of a sudden Vanished!

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 04:17:13 PM »
Perhaps some part of Barnabas was relieved when Sam arrived, for it meant he wouldn't be forced in to killing Maggie, in effect, Sam was saving him from himself.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"