Author Topic: Orange Plaid Sportsjacket sighting on CBS Sunday Morning  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Orange Plaid Sportsjacket sighting on CBS Sunday Morning
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 03:50:43 PM »
It was PT Quentin's and apparently the only jacket he owned!

Now, now - that's not true. He wore others. Here are but a few:

From Ep #981:
From Ep #985:
From Ep #993:

[ghost_wink]

I have me a hankerin' for a little blood-curdling horror.  Would someone with computer skills care to throw an image of the jacket up here?   I'm afraid I can't make it worth your while, but it'll be fun.

There are already many captures with Quentin wearing it, but here's another:

From Ep #988:

And I still say it was a very fashionable jacket for the '70s - whether in PT or RT.  [ghost_smiley]  (Though personally I liked double-breasted better back then. I would have loved to have had that blue jacket from Ep #985.)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 08:41:30 PM »
Okay.  He wore that one more times than not.  Or perhaps a day went on for two or three weeks? I have only watched PT once so I guess I am not a good judge. I have noticed after the FX and scary stuff came in the fashion budget went out the door.  IMHO.  All the cast seems to have many different clothes in the early eps in The Beginning Collectors series. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 08:50:18 PM »
I suspect that the reason some people have the impression that's the only jacket Quentin wore was because when[spoiler]Quentin escaped from jail, he was wearing that jacket - and he continued to wear it the entire time he was on the lam. Who knows why Angelexis couldn't have gotten him some other clothes?  [ghost_huh]  Or at least a comb?!  [ghost_cheesy]  But she didn't...[/spoiler]

It's the same case with Adam and the green sweater. Some people think that's all he ever wore. But quite obviously it isn't. Though compared to PT Quentin, Adam definitely had a limited wardrobe for such a long running character.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 12:58:18 AM »
That's not so bad.  I was expecting something more like my current avatar....  [ghost_grin]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 10:32:07 PM »
Sorry to back track - but I wanted to point out that Quentin's ghost actually had a larger wardrobe than Quentin did in 1897.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »
arashi, I'm having real problems assimilating that observation into my brain.  The process goes something like this: "Hmm...he was walled up in that room...was there a sewing machine?...or was it he who was bricked up in that room?...did he roam the world buying clothes for seventy years until he had finally assembled an adequate wardrobe for haunting?...did he run into any ectoplasmic trouble trying on clothes?...did he buy a zoot suit?...or an orange plaid sportsjacket?...no, he can't have, or he'd have worn them...but...but...but...CTRL-ALT-DEL...Hmm...he was walled up in that room..."

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »
LOL! OK, perhaps my memory is failing me - bit I swear at one point Quentin's ghost actually appeared with a darker colored suit on - but I could be mistaken.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 08:08:26 PM »
Welcome back, arashi!

When you're a ghost, aren't you supposed to wear what you died in, all the time?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »
What caught my eyeballs was what he was wearing in that pickup shot (and ONLY that pickup shot).

It was the twin brother of  Quentin's infamous eyespraining orange plaid sportsjacket from PT 1970.

At last, the segment has made it onto YouTube!  As Jeannie mentioned, the jacket, in all its ugly glory, can be seen during the intro and at the start of the segment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzvYWQk2cI

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 01:01:52 AM »
Thanks Magnus!

And I guess I was mistaken - but I guess he changed his tie more often?

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 10:25:12 PM »
LOL! OK, perhaps my memory is failing me - bit I swear at one point Quentin's ghost actually appeared with a darker colored suit on - but I could be mistaken.

Hmm, going to have to look next time I do a run through of that storyline.  What I DO remember (from having checked some things multiple times for fanfiction purposes) is that 1897 Quentin had two suits that looked to be the same, but one appeared more a dark charcoal, and the other the navy one we all remember (and Edward SHOULD have remembered in the jail cell.  After all how many guys in that town were six foot four with muttonchops and an expensive custom made suit?  Inquring minds want to know about this small town.....)

And thanks for the catch on the youtube clip, Midnight.  Nice to have digital evidence of this for all to peruse the weirdness of it all.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics