Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0592  (Read 1174 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0592
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0592
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 11:35:54 PM »
Once again, I really felt bad for Adam...even more so than the last episode. Watching him cradling Carolyn, trying to assure her she'll be all right was heart-wrenching. Then when Julia pronounced her dead....Adam was crushed, then mad.

Barnabas did have a point about Adam being the one who wanted Carolyn to be the life force. Adam just couldn't seem to grasp that, no matter how hard Julia tried to be careful when conducting the experiment, Carolyn's safety could never be 100 percent assured.

Barnabas then tried to jump Adam when Adam vows to make good his threat to destroy Vicki and the rest of the Collins family. Sheesh, don't these people ever learn? First Joe, then Harry, then Jeff and now Barnabas have all tried to overpower or attack Adam, a super-human man 20 times more stronger than all of them combined. Not one of them could even hope to stand a chance against him.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:10:36 AM »
IluvBarnabas wonders when these people will learn not to try to overpower Adam.  I myself wonder when they'll learn that you cannot leave a corpse alone!  When Julia saw that the bed was empty, I felt this sudden surge of love for Dark Shadows.  It's so nice to know there are some things you can always count on.  Then I thought about baby-changing tables in public restrooms, with warnings that you must strap the baby down.

I thought today about what Magnus said, that allowances must be made for Adam's extreme youth.  I tried to do so.  And I just couldn't.  The thing is, even when Adam's at his best and nicest, I don't like him much.

When the afghan was used today, I started wondering: who decides that the afghan is going to be used instead of some other covering?  I'm imagining the application for use of the afghan going up to Dan Curtis (cc Bob Costello, cc Sy Tomashoff, cc half a dozen ABC VIPs).  Dan grumbles at having his putting session interrupted, sits and ponders the application, makes phone calls to Lela Swift, his wife, his golf coach, and various other concerned citizens, ponders some more, finally makes his decision, and signs off on it with a silver filigree pen.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:54:03 AM »
I loved the scene between Adam and Carolyn. It was so sad to see Adam watch Carolyn "die". [cryg] Carolyn's description of what she experienced during the experiment was quite vivid and scary. [shkdg]

It was very exciting to watch Barnabas and Adam blaming each other for Carolyn's "death" and Barnabas trying to physically stop Adam!  [ghost_shocked] Then when Barnabas wanted to go after Adam and warn people at Collinwood, it was great to see Julia tell him to stay in his chair while she went upstairs to get something out of her bag for him.  [love3]

Of course, the end, when Carolyn was out of the bed, was classic DS! [ghost_smiley]  It was a great way to end the show, and it wasn't even a Friday show! [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 06:46:39 AM »
I have one question, why didn't Barnabas crack his head open when he fell on the cement floor.  They must have rehearsed that many times so no one really got hurt.

I forgot to post that there was a different suitcase than the blue and brown one. The Afghan went over in the suit case.

Also the scope on the ossilliscope was set up differently. It gave off a different wave signal the second time.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 04:28:15 AM »
Great acting by Jonathan in the scene where he turns on Adam in full sneer, saying that Adam isn't the only one who'll miss Carolyn.  Definitely one of his best moments ever!

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »
Jonathan Frid did nail that scene down. Great job.

Unlike the ep#592, I hated Adam today. His annoying habit of interrupted everyone around him didn't help the situation. I did it find it funny both Adam and Barnabas were asking questions and getting freaked out during the experiment. I just wanted Julia to tell them to both SHUT UP so she could focus.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books