Author Topic: Buzzzzzzzzzzzz..........  (Read 6262 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzzzzzzzzzzz..........
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 09:31:04 PM »
I keep looking at that Most Online Ever stat and thinking, "Huh?  May 7?"  I remember noticing it less than a week afterwards and knowing that I wasn't been logged in at that time, and I didn't think there was any particularly riveting topic going on, so it will remain a mystery to me until we get a new Most Online Ever stat.

That was just a weird moment in time when, for whatever strange reason, 74 people just happened to visit the forum at the same time. And quite honestly, I don´t place much stock in the Most Online stat because the only thing it measures is pure happenstance. For example, say no more than 5 people might happen to be on the forum at any one time on a given day. Well, that doesn´t in any way mean that more total people couldn´t be visiting the forum on that day than on a day when the most on at any one time might reach, say, 30. All a Most Online stat of 30 means is that 30 people just happened to all show up at the same time. I don honestly know why the YaBB/SMF developers even came up with that stat except that perhaps they love to show off how they can count things because, in the grander scheme of things, it can basically be almost meaningless.  :-

About the only interesting thing about that current Most Online stat is that on the West Coast it took place in ´07 at 07:07:07pm. It´s just too bad that something like it didn´t wait to happen until July with 77 people on at the same time or on the 7th with 70-something people on at the same time because that would be a supposedly magical seven sevens.  ;)  But who knows, maybe it will happen in July in some time zone.  :D

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2007, 12:58:16 AM »
I think it wazs around the time of talking about the fest and Jonathan coming. All that was happening.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 04:21:20 AM »
I keep looking at that Most Online Ever stat and thinking, "Huh?  May 7?"  I remember noticing it less than a week afterwards and knowing that I wasn't been logged in at that time,

Actually, you may have been.  Using Pacific Coast Time (cuz that's where I am, and also where, as MB pointed out, the stat looks coolest  8)), the MOE stat was recorded on May 07, 2007, 07:07:07 pm, and according to your profile, you submitted a post to the Current Talk board on: May 07, 2007, 06:53:17 pm.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 05:46:08 AM »
you know, there does seem to be less action at the board these days.

I hope people aren't leaving.
DS Forums are the best place in fandom!

i was just thinking that i can't even remember when DS left the air the last time and
there still is a lot of posting and interest here. i looked at when i signed up on these
boards and can't believe it is five years(not counting our former boards) wow not too
many of my hobbies have held my interest that long it is a great site and has brought comfort to me
many times :)

jennifer
(still miss henry and ringo collins)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 12:24:14 AM »
Sadly, I haven't seen Ringo anywhere online in years and I really wonder what he's been up to. But Midnite and I have spent time with Henry at two recent Fests. He says he peeks in here from time to time as a guest, but that he needs DS to be running on some station to post.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 04:18:47 AM »
Sadly, I haven't seen Ringo anywhere online in years and I really wonder what he's been up to. But Midnite and I have spent time with Henry at two recent Fests. He says he peeks in here from time to time as a guest, but that he needs DS to be running on some station to post.
thanks for the update MB  :)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

David

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 01:40:37 AM »
 :D

More proof of what a cool board this is:

last night, my IP screwed up & banned me from the forum!!
The mods had nothing to do with this.

Midnite & MB responded at once to my email, expressed concern, & fixed the problem.
They're good folks, and this is a good board.
And they put up with all my raunchy gay jokes, too!

Thanks, guys!
Come back, Buzz!

David 

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 04:01:44 AM »
last night, my IP screwed up & banned me from the forum!!
The mods had nothing to do with this.

Midnite & MB responded at once to my email, expressed concern, & fixed the problem.
well glad you not banned david ;D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV