Author Topic: Buzzzzzzzzzzzz..........  (Read 6261 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzzzzzzzzzzz..........
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 07:26:31 PM »
Buzz dropped in to make some simple, functional, boring post, then went again.

It's comments like this that have caused me to all but leave these forums.  And I'm not the only poster that feels this way either.   ::)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 07:45:54 PM »
I probably shouldn't speak for Magnus, but it seems that, with the possible exception of that one remark, his many requests for you to return to posting have been heartfelt because he misses you around here (most probably because the two of you appeared to be quite friendly). However, Magnus also has a wickedly sarcastic and teasing sense of humor - and in fact, you've even commented that his brand of humor is one of the things you've liked about him. I don't believe he meant to hurt your feelings in any way. It would seem he simply misses the bantering you two did.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 07:51:04 PM »
I would also welcome you back. I do like your comments and they make me laugh and make my day. Sometimes that is what I really need. Life can be a challange. I hope that I have not said anything in the past that has upset you. Take Care. :)

PS,  It would be great to see you in the watchig project.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »
Hey, Buzz, I, too, have missed your comments. When I first came on the board, your knowledge and humor was one of the things that made me decide to stay.I'd sure hate to lose your input, and it looks like others here agree with that, too. Hope to have you back soon!
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 11:34:51 PM »
Buzz dropped in to make some simple, functional, boring post, then went again.

It's comments like this that have caused me to all but leave these forums.  And I'm not the only poster that feels this way either.   ::)

Comments of mine have caused people to leave, or to resent me?   Or what?    This is a total and complete surprise, if so, and someone should have told me.    I always try to be decent and respectful to people.    And I was expressing frustration that Buzz wasn't posting more.    She did just say something short and pragmatic recently, then went away again.     In other words, I felt deprived of your wit, and great posts, Buzz, and if there's a negative way to read what I posted, then someone will have to explain it to me very slowly and carefully.  The point of this thread was to make Buzz feel needed here.    I like having you around.     That is absolutely all I was saying.

If it was the word "boring"... sorry, I was being spontaneous, and just meant you conveyed some little bit of information to someone, and that's all.    I'd have used a different word, another day.    I just meant, we're not getting enough of you.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 03:21:03 AM »
Magnus, if Buzz is going to get testy over your remarks like that, I wouldn't worry about it...

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 03:52:46 AM »

Interesting, but you are the only poster anyone has noticed not post as much.  Your public demands your return!

I took what Magnus wrote to be teasing though I know I have said something teasingly and it didn't come across that way, even recently.

Nancy

It's comments like this that have caused me to all but leave these forums.  And I'm not the only poster that feels this way either.   ::)

David

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 06:12:53 PM »
I've been very open about my having left a different DS forum~~and the festivals~~because of abusive behavior by some other fans.

But DS Boards is a safe space.
Midnite, MB, & Dom go out of their way to create a loving, respectful environment for all.
DS Boards is a place where fans of different races, religions, and sexual orientations can be open about who they are & be supported for it.

I don't think Magnus Trask meant any harm with his words.
Let's have a group hug & be friends.

David

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 01:44:40 AM »
Let's have a group hug & be friends.

Yeah! ((((((HUG)))))
 [bigok] [cheers] [hello] [love7]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 02:16:54 AM »
Yes indeed, Buzz, you are still missed. Hope to see you posting soon if you want to.  :)
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 03:08:57 AM »
That was nice, what with the hugs and whatnot, Nancy, David, rw....really.    Will Buzz ever see this I wonder, though?

Absolutely the only sentiment I was expressing... "chumminess" I guess, if that's a word.   I wasn't getting my Buzz fix.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 05:22:12 AM »
Absolutely the only sentiment I was expressing... "chumminess" I guess, if that's a word.   I wasn't getting my Buzz fix.

Please rest assured, Magnus, that was the sentiment you conveyed in all your posts on the subject - and not just the ones in this topic.  :)

David

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 08:17:29 PM »
you know, there does seem to be less action at the board these days.

I hope people aren't leaving.
DS Forums are the best place in fandom!

David

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »
Actually, a check of the stats will show that activity is pretty normal. If anything, readership has gone up.  :)

There was an upswing in posting activity in January and February - but that was more or less out of the norm - and, honestly, the mods are relieved that things have calmed down and gotten back to normal since then. While in a way it was nice to see so many posts, an average of over 120 a day (with some days reaching well over 200 posts!  :o) is harder to keep up with than some might realize - especially when each one has to be read and a goodly amount often have to be edited/repaired.  ;)  (We were just lucky that, unlike in 2002, we now have a host that doesn't shut us down when there's too much activity.  ::))

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 09:15:52 PM »
I keep looking at that Most Online Ever stat and thinking, "Huh?  May 7?"  I remember noticing it less than a week afterwards and knowing that I wasn't been logged in at that time, and I didn't think there was any particularly riveting topic going on, so it will remain a mystery to me until we get a new Most Online Ever stat.