Author Topic: Marie Wallace visits Dark Shadows Forums  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
Re: Marie Wallace visits Dark Shadows Forums
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 03:17:24 AM »
 Hello Miss Wallace and welcome aboard. There's a lot of die hard fans on this board of which I'm one.        I've been at two fests and you were nice enough to pose for a picture with my son and I both times. I can't tell you what a thrill it is to see you here. I know my day just got a little bit brighter.                                 I hope to hear more from you soon, Elmont...  Now I'm gonna find Magnus and collect myself

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 03:32:23 AM »
Hello, Ms. Wallace!  I've read your autobiography.  I could not act if my life depended on it, so I enjoyed reading about how you do things.  And the next time I saw Jenny, I looked for her pin-curls.

I've never been to a Fest.  Maybe this year, maybe not.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 05:06:17 AM »
Hi Marie, and welcome.  I've read your autobiography, and loved your "backstage" look at the business. I doubt if you'll remember this, but I am the Actors' Equity rep who had the pleasure of seeing you in ARSENIC AND OLD LACE some years back (1996, I think) at Blowing Rock Stage Company in -- well -- Blowing Rock, NC.  After the show, you and I had a very nice talk about "the biz" --and Dan Curtis, among others -- in the kitchen, and later on the terrace, of the actors' housing, while enjoying Domino's Pizza and wine, and enjoying the company of the others in the cast.  (For the record to others on the board:  yes, our DS actors are human and sometimes actually enjoy the same food and drink as the rest of us!)  I once wrote about that wonderful experience, which I had planned to send to Kathy Resch for her publication TWODS,  by my computer crashed shortly after and, well, I never did get around to writing it again.  So, I guess this is it--the short version:  Marie Wallace is a wonderful and talented lady, who is very down-to-earth and accessible, and if you have the chance to see her in performance or talk with her...please do so.  She's a great lady.  (And if you haven't read her book, please order it and read it!!  Lots of fun stuff about her life in show business in it.)

Brian

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 05:20:59 AM »
Hey Marie, welcome to the DS BOARDS.  So glad to have you here.  I have just started watching the Leviathan peroid for the second time in my life, and I want you to know how much I enjoy you on my screen.  All of your characters had the same face, but you did a wonderful job of making them so different from one another! :)  Thanks for dropping by.  I haven't  gotten to a fest, but I hope in the next two years I am able to attend one!
Again Welcome!  Thanks for stopping by!

Taeylor
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 05:30:54 AM »
Hey Marie!

It's really great of you to say Hi! [wavey] I've been to two fests--the last two--and I'd love to go to this next one, if only we could find out where and when it is.  Details, details...lol!

It was great to see all of the DS actors who were there, but was very impressed with you when I saw you onstage!  You are sooo the movitational speaker!!!!!

Come on, everybody!  Let's do the DS WAVE for Marie!  [thewave]

Yay, Marie!!!! [cheer] Welcome!!!

Judy  
[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 05:34:16 AM »
Marie Wallace is a wonderful and talented lady, who is very down-to-earth and accessible, and if you have the chance to see her in performance or talk with her...please do so.  She's a great lady. Brian

I'll second that.  I met her in 1989 I think.  She has never been anything but wonderful, sweet, and gracious to my dad and I.  She was the first DS actor my husband met.  She even gave us the first autograph signed to both of us.  And she taught us a fun trick on how to introduce two people to eachother when you can't remember their names. ;)
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 06:20:12 AM »
Welcome to the DS Forums, Marie!  It's an honor to have you here. [92c5]

ProfStokes

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 08:34:50 AM »
Welcome Marie Wallace!!  How wonderful to have you with us!  I hope you won't be too overwhelmed by the size of this place, and will bring your behind-the-scenes knowledge and insights to us!
Josette

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 09:13:45 AM »
Welcome, Marie!  How nice to have you on the Forums!  I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here!

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »
how exciting to have a cast member visit here. hope u will post/visit often. i met u way back in the early 80s at a now defunct event called manhattan shadows. i have attended many festivals on both coasts.

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 02:33:55 PM »
Hi Marie -- Nice to see you around these parts. Don't be a stranger. :)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »
I'm sure you're not phased by a deluge of fan attention at this point, Ms. W, but I still hope all this won't stop you from being able to relax and post whatever occurs to you.    It doesn't need to be the Gettysburg Address or anything.    
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 09:17:20 PM »
Hi, Marie- It's me, Charles!  It's been a long, strange journey since we first met at the Manhattan Shadows convention over 20 years ago, and so much has been accomplished in the world of "Dark Shadows"!  Now that you have met such success with your memoir, is a book of photography next on your list?  (Hint, hint!)

David

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 09:27:08 PM »
 :)
This is so cool!
Welcome, Marie!

What a great talent you are!
I hope you act again~~I always thought you'd make a great Mrs. Venable in Tennesee Williams' Suddenly Last Summer!

David

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 01:34:16 AM »
Welcome Marie,
I was just looking at the cards of Ney York snow scenes I purchased at a fest awhile back. Just lovely.
Hope you enjoy yourself here .
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"