Author Topic: Character's fate you would have liked to have changed...  (Read 7574 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Character's fate you would have liked to have changed...
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2006, 01:55:18 AM »
I thought that originally Burke was temporarily removed and intended to return later on.  When Anthony George left DS, they just left Burke to be gone.  They should have brought him back played by Timothy Gordon.

The best time would have been right before Vicky and Jeff were to get married.

Offline MaineGirl

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2006, 12:25:17 AM »
This is a toughie. I would like to have had Willie NOT go into Windcliffe. For you see, he is such an interesting character...when he came back from Windcliffe he was far more soft. Before he had a street toughness about him. After, not so much. He was still sweet, but he was so messed up and fragile, I feared for him more than I had before. And Barn, while less physically abusive (it seemed to me) was far more psychologically abusive. Oh wait...this answer is about Willie not Barn!

Of course, I would like to have Willie not open that dratted coffin! But then we wouldn't even really have a story, would we.   [hall2_tongue]

MaineGirl

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2006, 02:39:47 AM »
And Barn ... was far more psychologically abusive.

Barnabas? Psychologically abusive? Have you ever got that right! And in particular during '68 when it came to Willie, Barn brought psychological abuse to an art form, especially during the second experiment!  [hall2_rolleyes]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2006, 03:30:54 AM »
And Barn ... was far more psychologically abusive.

Barnabas? Psychologically abusive? Have you ever got that right! And in particular during '68 when it came to Willie, Barn brought psychological abuse to an art form, especially during the second experiment! 

Barnabas was a bastard, period.  (but, I still love him, guess both Julia and I are saps, LOL!  ;))
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 05:41:37 AM »
Barnabas was a bastard, period.  (but, I still love him, guess both Julia and I are saps, LOL!  ;))

And don't forget about me! I REALLY love Barnabas (as one can tell by my username) so I guess that makes me the biggest sap of all! [hall2_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2006, 10:13:17 PM »
I rather liked the idea that Vicki and Jeff had children back in the 18th century, and that Victoria was their descendant.

I've noticed here and there in recent years plot ideas where someone becomes his own ancestor.   How would a union between two people result, generations later, in all the genes rearranging themselves back into the exact same person, though?    Genes mingle and produce different combinations and different traits and different people.   The more generations go by, the more changes.   This kind of thing crops up in science fiction, so I've had a little time to think about it.    It's SF parodies though, from what I can tell so far, Red Dwarf and Futurama.    Hard SF wouldn't do this, I think.

Not trying to give you a hard time, Zahir; I've just had this on my mind occasionally.

MB, midnite....

By the way, the Spoiler box doesn't seem to be working for me.  By the time I see it, and my red alert goes off in my head and says to stop reading, I'm already partway through.   I wonder if anyone else has that problem.   It's like reaction time when you're driving, I guess.   The only thing I can think of is allowing a few blank lines before the spoiler, but then what's a spoiler for me is dofferent than for someone else, and most of mine won't even get boxed.   It's 1968 for me.   So i'll just have to make do as best I can.

(Discussion of the spoiler box situation has been moved to the Testing board and to the topic "Re: Spoiler Box Contents Always On Display".  --MB  :))
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »
I agree with the person who said they would have changed Angelique's fate in 1840--never made any sense to me to kill her off since Barnabas was going back to 1971--she could have returned there too and they might have had a happy if challenging ever after...well, the door was left open, so who knows, she may have returned in some way to `1971...

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2006, 06:00:11 PM »
in the 1840 Concordance, the late Authur Warren Oddson had some great ideas regarding the 1840 inconsistencies.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2006, 06:05:57 PM »
Yes, Joeytrom, that essay in the 1840 concordance is great!!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2006, 06:51:04 AM »
well, the door was left open, so who knows, she may have returned in some way to `1971...

According to Sam Hall, there were plans for Ang to reappear in 1971. Not that that should surprise anyone since no one is ever truly dead for long on DS - especially someone like Ang.  [wink2]

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2007, 04:00:36 AM »
This is a toughie. I would like to have had Willie NOT go into Windcliffe. For you see, he is such an interesting character...when he came back from Windcliffe he was far more soft. Before he had a street toughness about him. After, not so much. He was still sweet, but he was so messed up and fragile, I feared for him more than I had before. And Barn, while less physically abusive (it seemed to me) was far more psychologically abusive. Oh wait...this answer is about Willie not Barn!

Of course, I would like to have Willie not open that dratted coffin! But then we wouldn't even really have a story, would we.   [hall2_tongue]

Wow I could have written this. And I have in several posts in the yahoo groups. Willie was not the same after Wyndcliff. I would like to know about his experiences there. Why would he want to come back to work for Barnabas again knowing what kind of treatment he would get? Was the treatment so much worse at Wyndcliff?

Willie after Wyndcliff was like a little child. [spoiler]When Barnabas and Julia brought Adam to the Old House for Willie to help care for, Willie became like the jealous older brother, jealous of Daddy Barnabas' attention to Adam. That's why he tormented him with the chicken leg and made fun of him.

I hated when Barnabas lied to him concerning the experiment, that Adam had threatened to kill Maggie if Willie didn't help with the experiment. I don't blame Willie one bit for not wanting to go dig up cadavers. Yet he would do it for Maggie and Barnabas knew it. I hated when Barnabas called Willie's love for Maggie infatuation. Oh his love for Josette was the real thing but Willie's was only infatuation. Sure Barnabas, keep belittling Willie as though he's a little kid with a crush.[/spoiler]

Willie needed someone to take him by the hand and gently help him to grow up again after Wyndcliff. He had become a snivelling whiner somewhat during that time. But because I love him I don't mind too much, his whining is a heck of a lot more endearing than the same whining from Harry Johnson.

Ditto what everyone else said about Vicki and here's one more.

[spoiler]There would have been no Amanda Harris. Quentin would have fallen for Beth like he should have and that's it! Amanda Harris wouldn't have been on the show. If there's one character who is a complete waste, it's her.[/spoiler]

Alondra

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2007, 04:21:47 AM »
No one's said this yet, but I will: I would have definitely did something different with the Adam storyline. I've said so here on this forum in other threads, but here it goes: [spoiler]Adam and Barnabas had a special connection because Barnabas gave Adam his life force. What happened to one happened to the other. So, what happened after Adam just left, thanks to Prof. Stokes?[/spoiler] That's never, ever resolved!

Too, I wouldn't have done the 1840 storyline the way it ended. [spoiler]I'd have had Barnabas and Angelique FINALLY getting together. I surely wouldn't have had her die for him to realize he had always loved her![/spoiler]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2007, 08:13:40 AM »
Of course I would have Julia and Barn get together and have Adam come back.  I Got really tired of the Angelique line after all she did to Barns family how could he forgive her.  His upset would still be there.

I would have Elizabeth find someone along with Carolyn.

Quentin and Tom solver ther werewolf problem.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate