Author Topic: Character's fate you would have liked to have changed...  (Read 7575 times)

Offline Kristin

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Character's fate you would have liked to have changed...
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 06:23:08 AM »
Definately Julia...in the end I would have liked to see her get  her man!!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 03:08:53 PM »
Definately Julia...in the end I would have liked to see her get  her man!!

Well there is quite a bit fanfiction where Julia DOES get her man.......and Sam Hall also wrote a story getting her and Barnabas together. It would have been great though if we could have actually have seen it on the show.

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 06:40:09 PM »
Lady Hampshire!  She's not only my favourite KLS character, but one of my favourites in the entire series.  It's such a pity that she [spoiler]gets sucked into that painting to 1795/1797/whatever only to commit suicide as Josette.[/spoiler]  Even though she had some...hrm...supernatural problems, she was a fairly realistic character.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 03:46:48 AM »
Well there is quite a bit fanfiction where Julia DOES get her man

I wrote two stories where she got her man.  But another, painful, one where she didn't!   [hall2_cry]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 02:42:22 PM »
I feel like a broken record here, but definately Josette's fate and Barnabas' fate as well. Awful what happened to the both of them ... and, now that I'm on the subject - the whole fate of the 1795 Collins crown including poor good-hearted Jeremiah. He certainly never deserved what he got, neither did Sarah.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2006, 07:45:20 PM »
Chris Jennings and his sister Amy.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2006, 10:34:23 PM »
I would have preferred if the likable and avuncular Sam Evans had not been killed.  (Of course, Barnabas commissioning Sam to "age" that portrait of Angelique, resulting in Sam's blindness, was an absolute stroke of "genius" by Mr. B., imho.) [hall2_angry]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 10:54:52 PM »
I would have preferred if the likable and avuncular Sam Evans had not been killed.[hall2_angry]

YES!!!  David Ford could have held onto his script and read from it while they were taping and I wouldn't have cared, so long as he was still around.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 01:43:13 AM »
I would have preferred if the likable and avuncular Sam Evans had not been killed.  (Of course, Barnabas commissioning Sam to "age" that portrait of Angelique, resulting in Sam's blindness, was an absolute stroke of "genius" by Mr. B., imho.) [hall2_angry]

I don't believe Barnabas meant any harm to come to Sam and he did realize it had been a mistake to involve him, but unfortunately it was too little too late by then.  [hall_embarrassed]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 04:33:17 PM »
I would definitely change Jeremiah's fate. He tried so very hard to fight Angelique's curse, he didn't want to be with Josette in any way and he resisted as long as he could. Then he was killed because of a tragic unnecessary duel! He didn't deserve to die!  [hall2_cry]

I would also keep Joe and Maggie together, let Joe explain what had happened to him, IMHO, they were one of the greatest couples on the show, and that relationship was too good to end so sadly.

Beth would have lived and married Quentin. I think they truly loved one another.

I'll probably think of more...  [hall_grin]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 08:21:02 PM »

I don't believe Barnabas meant any harm to come to Sam and he did realize it had been a mistake to involve him, but unfortunately it was too little too late by then.  [hall_embarrassed]

Yes, I agree with you that Barnabas did not intend to get Sam harmed with that "portrait-altering" gig.  Nevertheless, I suspect that both Sam and Maggie would have been a heck of a lot happier IF  they had never met Mr. Barnabas Collins in the first place. [hall2_grin]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 07:41:33 PM »
Dave Woodard would never have been killed!  :'(

Granted, a different actor was playing him by that time, but I still have a picture of the original Woodard in my mind, and his death is just so terrible. I'm not sure how his fate might have been altered, perhaps  he might have somehow been brought in to the secret and helped Julia find a cure for Barnabas. I really like him and he was intelligent and kind, providing a somewhat calming influence on the show.

I was also very sad to see Sandor die. He and Magda had a great relationship that was so much fun to watch. I loved that character, couldn't they have found some way to keep him around?  [hall2_sad]

I would have kept Chris and Amy at Collinwood. They just disappeared one day, with only a comment from one of the characters to tell us of their departure. Not to mention they never solved Chris's problem, and after focusing on it for so long, they should have. Rather annoying really!  [hall2_angry]

They were such excellent characters,, I missed them when they left.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »
Yeah, I too hated the abrupt, unseen and unexplained departures of Chris and Amy too.  I really cared about what happened these two and to have the writers just drop their whole story without any kind of closure was an insult. >:(

I kept hoping they would go into more detail about what happened with Chris and Amy but they never did.  :-

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 07:57:08 PM »
Yeah, I too hated the abrupt, unseen and unexplained departures of Chris and Amy too.  I really cared about what happened these two and to have the writers just drop their whole story without any kind of closure was an insult.

Hey, this was nothing new to DC or his writers!  They just DROPPED the whole 'Vickie searching for her mother' plotline once Barnabas showed up.  That really pissed me off!   >:(
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 04:03:35 PM »
Hey, this was nothing new to DC or his writers!  They just DROPPED the whole 'Vickie searching for her mother' plotline once Barnabas showed up.  That really pissed me off!   >:(

You're right, they're dropping Vicki's whole parentage storyline was equally as bad. Poor Vicki never did find out who she was or where she came from.

I always like to think Elizabeth was her mother but for some reason Elizabeth had been forced to give her up. It's too bad the writers couldn't have followed through on this.  :(