Author Topic: 1897 Question  (Read 5886 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: 1897 Question
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 04:40:04 PM »
And it's also odd that while referring to the circumstances of her death, Barnabas says, "It was a sudden death. That I know. My father wrote me to say that my Cousin, Uncle Jeremiah was, was very disturbed. He said not to tell him when I returned home." Huh? Not to tell him what? That Laura was dead? That seems unlikly since I'm sure we're to assume Jeremiah was disturbed over her death.

It was probably a dialog blooper on Jonathan's part, the line was probably something like, "My father told me not to discuss it w/Jeremiah", in other words, Joshua probably told Barnabas not to talk to Jeremiah about it because it was too upsetting for him to talk about how she died.  ;)

Speaking of a dialogue blooper....

[spoiler]I was watching the episodes where Julia's back in 1897. Barnabas had just rescued her from Aristede, they're back at the rectory and Julia is about to give Barnabas an injection. He tells her they need an ally and the only person they have is Angelique. Barnabas then goes on to say that she arrived there a week ago, about a week after he arrived.

So all this stuff that's happened in the storyline we're supposed to believe happened in TWO WEEKS?! There were like 4 full moons in that span of time! For some reason I am not sure if that was a flub on JFs part because he said it twice, perhaps just sloppy writing.[/spoiler]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 09:32:41 PM »
And it's also odd that while referring to the circumstances of her death, Barnabas says, "It was a sudden death. That I know. My father wrote me to say that my Cousin, Uncle Jeremiah was, was very disturbed. He said not to tell him when I returned home." Huh? Not to tell him what?

Barnabas was not to tell Jeremiah that he (Barnabas) had returned home.  Jeremiah had been upset enough about the torrid, red-hot, all-over-the-house-and-spilling-out-onto-the-porch affair between Laura and Barnabas when Laura was alive (Barnabas was one precocious ten-year-old), but now that Laura was dead, to be reminded of the memory of her betrayal would be enough to send Jeremiah over Widows Hill.

Luckily, Julia made a flying trip into the past soon after that to hypnotize Jeremiah into forgetting Laura had ever existed, and after that everybody just pretended he had never been married at all.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 10:38:46 PM »
Ah - that clears it up perfectly, Lydia.  :-

[lghy]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 03:24:23 AM »
Barnabas was not to tell Jeremiah that he (Barnabas) had returned home.  Jeremiah had been upset enough about the torrid, red-hot, all-over-the-house-and-spilling-out-onto-the-porch affair between Laura and Barnabas when Laura was alive (Barnabas was one precocious ten-year-old), but now that Laura was dead, to be reminded of the memory of her betrayal would be enough to send Jeremiah over Widows Hill.

Luckily, Julia made a flying trip into the past soon after that to hypnotize Jeremiah into forgetting Laura had ever existed, and after that everybody just pretended he had never been married at all.

Um, are you sure your name isn't Joshua Collins?!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 12:20:40 AM »
Speaking of a dialogue blooper....

[spoiler]I was watching the episodes where Julia's back in 1897. Barnabas had just rescued her from Aristede, they're back at the rectory and Julia is about to give Barnabas an injection. He tells her they need an ally and the only person they have is Angelique. Barnabas then goes on to say that she arrived there a week ago, about a week after he arrived.

So all this stuff that's happened in the storyline we're supposed to believe happened in TWO WEEKS?! There were like 4 full moons in that span of time! For some reason I am not sure if that was a flub on JFs part because he said it twice, perhaps just sloppy writing.[/spoiler]

That was definitely a blooper, either on the writers' or Frid's part, and I'm inclined to think it was the writers. No way had all that action taken place in the span of 2 weeks, or even two months! It had been several months at the least.

Alondra