Author Topic: Monday Makeover!  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
Re: Monday Makeover!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2002, 10:54:23 PM »
Hmmm ... I have yet to see today's eps, but looking at the before and after pics of our good Dr. Hoffman, I have to cast a dissenting vote regarding her hairstyle.  While the new one is okay, I really find that the longer hairstyle suited her better.  She has a strong, angular face that is softer and more feminine when framed by that soft sweep of hair.  But then, I have always had a preference for longer hair on women, so I guess I'm just a teeny bit biased!   ;)

[wavey]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2002, 11:07:27 PM »
LOVE Grayson with short hair.  Actually I love her with ANY hair ... would have been interesting to see her play a Centauri Empress on Babylon 5, since she'd have had to go bald in that case!

I was just watching the first episode of the Leviathan storyline over the weekend--I think this look may be her best of all, when she lets those bangs grow out a bit.  Shorter hair definitely suited her.  The "big hair look" of 1970 was mostly hairpieces.

Welcome everybody to 1968, my personal all-time favorite DS storyline (Leviathan runs it a very close second!--in fact, I like certain episodes of Leviathan more than I like certain other episodes of 1968--you'll see).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a certain ratty black wig that I need to start shellacking, oiling and hairspraying--the most diVOON butterfly caftan that I know you'll just go crazy over!

Oh, thanks Bette for your kind words about my "Pepe" stories!  Gotta love Pepe!  Any Grayson Hall fans who haven't seen Satan in High Heels should immediately order a copy!

Gothick

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2002, 01:44:43 AM »
Three CHEERS for Julia's new hair-do !!  [beer]   [beer] [beer]

It reminds me of the more warmer weather coming up.  How easy it is to care for.  Only if mine was that short, NEVER.....well, maybe in a nightmare.  hahahahaha [hello]

Donna, who remembers back on the 60's or was it the early 70's and the song, "Hair" that was sung by the Cowsills.  That was my motto, never to have hair above my shoulders. [sssh]  

I rebelled when it came to the length of my hair.  My mom always wanted my hair shorter  [argue] then what I liked to wear it.

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2002, 02:35:13 AM »
Does anyone know - was Grayson Hall wearing a wig from day one? Or did she cut her hair during the 1795 story line because of the heavy wig she wore? I always assumed the latter to be true, and that she simply wore a wig in that one episode post-1795 for continuity.
?!?

Offline Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2002, 04:23:17 AM »
Just love Julia's new do also - although IMHO she and Barnabas seem to be looking somewhat more alike.
"Pepe" is also one of my favorite of Grayson's characters :o....must be 'the eyes' again.
Also her role in "Qui etes-vous, Polly Maggoo?" is totally awesome - she most certainly had a new hairstyle here also - along with some more interesting duds as compliment to the hair of course. BRAVO!!

Offline The charming Mr. Blair

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2002, 04:43:40 PM »
I like Julia's new look. She looks less stern >:(, and more approachable and friendly :).
I do find it rather strange that her hair changed in the middle of an episode. I suppose she must of taken a long lunch and came back and supprised everyone.
The smile on her face when Barnabas complimented her looked so real. She looked cute in an under-confident, girly way -- the way an awkward adolesent would respond when told she is pretty. ;)
I must go. However, I shalln't be long.
 Good day everyone!

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2004, 04:18:05 AM »
Our very own Steve, er, Gothick has written fan fiction wherein Grayson's character Pepe, from SATAN IN HIGH HEELS, has left New York, moved to Collinsport and opened a beauty salon which Julia frequents. :D

I know this this an old topic, but I've been wondering about something since I read this thread... is the above mentioned story available anywhere?

Inquiringly,

Heather (who reads ALL kinds of fanfic...)   ;)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline AdAstra

• Junior Poster
  • Shadows of the night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2005, 07:47:19 PM »
Can someone post Julia's "before and after" hairdo's?  I haven't seen what you're talking about yet.  And it's gonna be a while until I buy more Dvds...  Hehe there are a lot of Julia fans here.  :o  ;D
Ciao
-Mel