Author Topic: Monday Makeover!  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Monday Makeover!
« on: April 27, 2002, 07:35:32 PM »
Monday is the day Julia goes to the beauty parlor!!!!!!! wow!!!!!! Such fun as everyone talks about her new 'look'. . .

"Dr. Hoffman, I barely recognized you."  Barnabas. :-*
Julia99

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Monday Makeover!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 08:11:07 PM »
Monday is the day Julia goes to the beauty parlor!!!!!!! wow!!!!!! Such fun as everyone talks about her new 'look'. . .

"Dr. Hoffman, I barely recognized you."  Barnabas. :-*

Which palor so I will know not to go to it? ;D
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 09:17:04 PM »

Our very own Steve, er, Gothick has written fan fiction wherein Grayson's character Pepe, from SATAN IN HIGH HEELS, has left New York, moved to Collinsport and opened a beauty salon which Julia frequents. :D

I really love the new look for Julia, whether it came from Pepe or someone else.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2002, 12:26:39 AM »
I loved the new look on Julia!! It seemed Barnabas was quite pleased as well!  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2002, 05:10:43 AM »

VAM you cheeky tart!  

I'm in the minority i know but i prefer Grayson's hair a bit longer (I know Steve luvs the Vidal Sasson doo). .not the wig mind you but towards the end of the show, 1995/1971.  ..short but longer and curlier. . .liked that look.   :P  I guess we can thank Mrs. Curtis for the wigs' diappearance. . .although we all still hold her responsible for Craig Slocum. . .+/- from Mrs. DC
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2002, 05:18:17 AM »
I hated Dr. Hoffman's shorn locks.  I much prefered her "Hi!  I'm Julia!  Fly me!" look.

Gerard

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2002, 07:02:49 AM »

Julia99, your post cracks me up!

I was tickled by all the attention showered on Julia because of her new 'do.  I don't think she had ever gotten a compliment on her appearance before.  How many times can one compliment the same tired green tweed suit?  

I can't think of another character who got so MUCH attention from so many other characters for changing her (or his) look.  I mean, who ever told Maggie, "So glad you lost the blond wig!"  Or told Quentin, "Hey, you finally traded in those fake sideburns for real ones!"  

Ben

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2002, 07:34:50 AM »
Hey! I like Julia's new do that's coming up also! I frames her face in a more flattering way.

Wow...we're coming home to "real time"!

[hello]Happy to be back to see all the old familar faces that aren't trippin' Vicki's poor little mind out!  It would be quite the Dorothy thing for her to do if she were to point to all of them, one by one, on her return and say...And you, and you, and you were there too!

[bawl]But sad to say adieu to Ben, Joshua, Daniel, Millicent et all.  Gonna miss them.....

[shadow=red,left,300]Always, Minja [nuts][/shadow]

[shadow=purple,left,300]3 CHEERS FOR PEPE[/shadow]
[shadow=purple,left,300][beer] [beer] [beer][/shadow]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2002, 03:01:56 PM »
No problem with the new look as far as the hair went.  I do wish, however, that Julia had taken some fashionably astute person with her on a trip to Brewsters, because the clothes continue to be hit and miss throughout the show.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2002, 08:21:07 PM »
No problem with the new look as far as the hair went.  I do wish, however, that Julia had taken some fashionably astute person with her on a trip to Brewsters, because the clothes continue to be hit and miss throughout the show.

Luciaphil

I guess this is probably why Grayson insisted in helping to procure her wardrobe for One LIfe to LIve.  ..
Julia99

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 08:23:54 PM »
It would be quite the Dorothy thing for her to do if she were to point to all of them, one by one, on her return and say...And you, and you, and you were there too!

LMAO!!!! That would be sooo funny! Angelique would be the wicked witch, Joshua would be Tinman....or maybe Barnabus..or even Nathan....ooooooo Nathan......-_- Ben would be the lion.....Millicent would be the scarecrow. Or maybe Peter!! ;) :D And Daniel would bounce around the house singing, "Weeeeee represent the llllllloooollllyyyyyy pop treeeeeeeeeee..." and be the Munchkins...Sarah would help, 2. eeeeeeeee hahahaha that's hilarious!

*~*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2002, 09:45:06 PM »

VAM you cheeky tart!  

Julia99
You are so sweet...What a lovely compliment  ;)right out of Dr. Hoffman's black bag...better than the hypo for Dr. Woodard!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2002, 10:47:46 PM »
Hey! I like Julia's new do that's coming up also! I frames her face in a more flattering way.

Wow...we're coming home to "real time"!

[hello]Happy to be back to see all the old familar faces that aren't trippin' Vicki's poor little mind out!  It would be quite the Dorothy thing for her to do if she were to point to all of them, one by one, on her return and say...And you, and you, and you were there too!

[bawl]But sad to say adieu to Ben, Joshua, Daniel, Millicent et all.  Gonna miss them.....

[shadow=red,left,300]Always, Minja [nuts][/shadow]

[shadow=purple,left,300]3 CHEERS FOR PEPE[/shadow]
[shadow=purple,left,300][beer] [beer] [beer][/shadow]

Yes but Tom and Chris J are in RT can't wait :-* :-*

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2002, 11:33:36 PM »
Don't you think Barnabas suddenly takes notice of Julia's new hairdo and starts to think of her differently than just a doctor with a medical bag full of tricks? He seems to respect her more now that she has taken an interest in herself.  Too bad she doesn't follow suit and continues to be the strong, independent woman we were first introduced to.  She would've given Barnabas a run for his money had she given as much as she got from Mr. Uptight Moneybags/I can do no wrong because I am what I am.  That's just my IMHO.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2002, 06:08:30 PM »
Dear Julia99,

I saw your newly coifed alter ego today and, if I may say, she looked like a vision of lovliness.  The good Doctor Hoffman resembled a redhaired version of Audrey Hepburn.

Why, I'll bet if Billy Crystal's character, Don Fernando (?),  saw Julia, he'd gush enthusiastically, "Julia, my dear, you look mah--ve--lous!!!"

Bob the Bartender, who reminds everyone, as you get older, it's always best to go lighter.