Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #170  (Read 21948 times)

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #170
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2007, 08:10:15 PM »
Housefly, another sub-culture of fandom are those fans who have some interaction with the actors during the festivals and maybe at other events during the year who then refer to themselves as being "close friends" with the actor.  Frequently, that's news to the actor in question who doesn't think of the fan as being anymore than an acquaintance or maybe a friend they see at DS and fan events and nothing else.

No, Nancy! He IS my daddy! I know it!  >:(

In all seriousness, it's gonna be a while, but I'm morbidly curious to get to the ep that aired on the day I was born...
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »
Housefly
I love your quote
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS
where did you find it and what is the context of him saying it?

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2007, 10:33:25 PM »
He played a supporting cast member on King of Queens, and I think it was his wife or his gf yelling at him about going to a DS fest. He was dressed as Barnabas near the end of the ep. I can't find a pic of that, but here he is dressed as Mad Max:

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2007, 12:03:04 AM »
He played a supporting cast member on King of Queens, and I think it was his wife or his gf yelling at him about going to a DS fest. He was dressed as Barnabas near the end of the ep.

Oh yeah... never watched that show but I have seen him on comedy specials
thanks