Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #157 -- 40th Anniv. Merchandise & Special Offer, Fan Sharing  (Read 991 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Online Dark Shadows News Updates List
Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Update List
An Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM
ShadowGram@aol.com

Number 157. September 12, 2006.

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news from the DS Festival / Official DS Fan Club.

**** NEW 40TH ANNIVERSARY DS MERCHANDISE - INCLUDING EXCLUSIVE ITEMS ONLY FROM THE DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL & OFFICIAL FAN CLUB

---- DARK SHADOWS: THE FIRST YEAR BOOK
This beautiful book, hot off the press from Blue Whale Books, offers an in-depth, deluxe look at the first 210 episodes with detailed summaries, 100 rare photographs, original production documents, cast list, background information, and a foreword by series writer Ron Sproat. 272 pages, 8 1/2 x 11 softcover with full-color cover. Only $22, including postage.

---- DARK SHADOWS 2007 CALENDAR
Also fresh from the printer, this publication features 15 captivating and crisp DS photographs from the original negatives -- images of Jonathan Frid, David Selby, Don Briscoe, Lara Parker, Grayson Hall, Joan Bennett and other series favorites in character. Only $13.99, including postage. Also - a limited supply of 2006 DARK SHADOWS calendars are still available for reduced price of $10, including postage.

---- NEW DARK SHADOWS NOVEL - THE SALEM BRANCH - AUTOGRAPHED BY AUTHOR LARA PARKER
Just published by Tor Books is a dramatic new DS novel by Lara Parker (alias Angelique), which involves the Salem Witch trials and romantic passions of Barnabas, Angelique, Julia Hoffman and a new character, Antoinette. 286 pages, trade paperback, 6 x 9". Each copy is autographed by Lara Parker. Only $17, including postage. Supply is limited - order now!

---- DARK SHADOWS ACTION FIGURES - BARNABAS & QUENTIN
The first-ever action figures of DS characters, Barnabas Collins in 1795 costume and Quentin Collins in 1897 attire, all made of real cloth clothing and each with display base. (Quentin also comes with interchangeable werewolf head.) These handsome and authentic creations are 12" high and come in full-color collectible boxes with display window and Velcro front cover flap. (Please note that the Barnabas modern day version has been sold out by the manufacturer. The only two figures available are the ones listed here.) Each action figure -- Barnabas 1795 or Quentin 1897 - - is only $45, including postage or buy both for reduced rate of $85.

---- NEW DARK SHADOWS AUDIO DRAMA COMPACT DISCS WITH ORIGINAL CAST
A legend is reborn! Big Finish Productions presents two just issued, all-new suspense stories reuniting the original DS cast, including David Selby, Lara Parker, John Karlen, Kathryn Leigh Scott and Robert Rodan. These attractively packaged, authorized audio dramas include original DS music by Robert Cobert with new score added as well as sound effects. "The House Of Despair" (CD #1) and "The Book Of Temptation" (CD#2) are available for only $17 each, including postage.

---- ONE-OF-A-KIND 16mm DARK SHADOWS EPISODE KINESCOPE NEGATIVES
As a limited-time offer, the original ABC-TV 16mm kinescope negatives of DARK SHADOWS episodes are now available for purchase. Although the 1966-71 series was videotaped, ABC created filmed "kinescope" copies
for distribution to remote and smaller stations who aired the show on a delayed basis, not showing the "live" network feed or able to videotape for a later broadcast. Only one negative was created for each episode, and multiple prints were made from that negative to distribute across the country and ultimately for dubbing into Spanish for Latin America. But there was only one negative made for each episode and that unique negative is now offered for sale. These one-of-a-kind collectibles, which feature all the original commercials and promos as aired on ABC, consist of two separate reels, one of the picture and one of the optical sound, inside a film can with ABC-TV paperwork and logo. Episodes will be selected at random. These will go fast, so order now -- only $25 each, including shipping.

---- SPECIAL OFFER -- Receive a FREE Quentin promotional-only trading card, autographed by David Selby, with any order, while supplies last!

**** TO ORDER, send payment to:

DARK SHADOWS, P.O. BOX 92, MAPLEWOOD, NJ 07040.

When ordering multiple items, please send one check or money order. These are the only forms of payment accepted by the Dark Shadows Festival.

Please note: Souvenir program books of the DS 40th Anniversary Celebration are sold out and not available for purchase.

--- FAN SHARING: All fans who joined us at the Brooklyn Fest are invited and encouraged to please send their reports and photos to ShadowGram at SG's postal- or e- mail addresses below. These will be shared with SG readers - including the DS cast and crew and fans worldwide - in the published SG newsletters, starting with the upcoming SG #109. A complimentary Contributor's Copy SG print issue is given in thanks for major contributions.

This SG Online DS News Updates List will update all this news and print issue SG #109 will have the latest complete detailed developments, photos, reports, and additional information.

Thank you.

Marcy Robin

ShadowGram Editor / Publisher
Marcy Robin, P.O. Box 1766, Temple City, CA 91780-7766
ShadowGram@aol.com

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
The first-ever action figures of DS characters, Barnabas Collins in 1795 costume and Quentin Collins in 1897 attire, all made of real cloth clothing and each with display base. (Quentin also comes with interchangeable werewolf head.) These handsome and authentic creations are 12" high and come in full-color collectible boxes with display window and Velcro front cover flap. (Please note that the Barnabas modern day version has been sold out by the manufacturer. The only two figures available are the ones listed here.) Each action figure -- Barnabas 1795 or Quentin 1897 - - is only $45, including postage or buy both for reduced rate of $85.

Anyone know if the Barnbas figure mentioned above is the one they had at the Fest?  In other words, is it the one w/the 3 different heads (regular, old man, vampire)?
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Anyone know if the Barnbas figure mentioned above is the one they had at the Fest?  In other words, is it the one w/the 3 different heads (regular, old man, vampire)?

Hello Buzz, both of the Barnabas figures, the 1795 and 1967 have all the three heads. It was the costume that was different. In a way its good news they are sold out, gives a better chance for more figures. Also, shows like Chiller, or other web vendors may still offer the 1967 Barn for a while at least. Yes, these are the same ones offered at the fest.

Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Thanks Michael, I will be sure to order mine today then!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
when is there going to be more info on the upcoming vista theatre d.s. celebration?

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
They'd better update the DS Festival website to include these new items!

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile

Got another pesky question about the above, anyone know why the Fest is selling the dolls and not Majestic.  Just curious.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"