Author Topic: SERVING WITH A SMILE  (Read 1875 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
SERVING WITH A SMILE
« on: April 27, 2002, 01:50:16 PM »
Below is a list of Shadow's servants (employees at Collinwood). Who from the colorful list would you pick to serve at your mansion and why?

Beth Chavez
Sarah Johnson
Mr. Trask (1970PT)
Harry Johnson****
Willie Loomis
Ben Stokes
Riggs
Mathew Morgan
Magda Rakosi

****late substitute  - Julia Hoffman, 1970 PT for Harry Johnson
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: SERVING WITH A SMILE
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 01:59:26 PM »
Good question, VAM!

Beth Chavez - good at keeping secrets, but DID have an affair with Quentin, and that's a no-no for a good servant.  While I think she's a pretty decent gal, overall, I wouldn't want her in my household.

Sarah Johnson - Many forget she was hired by Burke to spy on the Collins family, including the DS writers!  I always liked her, but had to remember where she came from and what her original motives were.  She sure dusted well!

Mr. Trask (1970PT) - Like knives too much!

Harry Johnson - I don't think so!  Slippery, greedy.

Willie Loomis - Only if I could get a vampire to nibble on him.  He was a superior jack-of-all-trades, very talented.  A little on the psychotic side, but hey, you can't have everything!

Ben Stokes - Loyal, sweet, giving, strong, compassionate--I'd take him any day!

Riggs - I hardly knew ye.  Not enough data.

Mathew Morgan - Nah, too crazy.  Likes axes too much.  I don't think so!

Magda Rakosi  - If she keeps my floors waxed, sure.  Great sense of humor, could put curses on people I don't like.  Fun to have around, but I'd hide my jewelry!

Love, Robin

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 05:02:54 PM »
Below is a list of Shadow's servants (employees at Collinwood). Who from the colorful list would you pick to serve at your mansion and why?

:o My mansion?  Unfortunately I shall never be able to afford such an august abode, at least, not on a librarian's salary.  Great question though :)

Beth Chavez
Sarah Johnson
Mr. Trask (1970PT)
Harry Johnson
Willie Loomis
Ben Stokes
Riggs
Mathew Morgan
Magda Rakosi

The only possiblity from your list is Riggs.  Beth carried on an affair with a member of the household.  Mrs. J couldn't cook worth a damn.  I would never be able to leave anything laying around with Harry and his "sticky fingers."  Willie and Ben, while loyal and all, aren't my idea of appropriate household staff.  Matthew Morgan was psychotic and Magda while possessing good qualities, spent a lot of time looking out for #1.  Mr. Trask, while easy on the eyes, had that whole Angelique thing going on--he'd never be loyal to anyone else, not really.

No.  Give me a staff of qualified, professional, clean, and honest individuals with actual references and some ability.

And speaking of servants, where is that maid?  I need someone to attack the vicious crop of dust bunnies I've got going!  ;D

Luciaphil

"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 07:25:35 PM »
I would pick Willie.  He can clean, fix things.  

Hey, I need him today.  Can he help me with cleaning my son's closet.  What am I going to do with 30 stuff animals.  Not one he wants to part with.  I wonder how he was at the yard work.  The first few hours of my day has been spent pulling grass out of my garden.  Sometime today we are have 4 yards of mulch delivered.

Birdie--who needs servants--but can't afford them.  
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2002, 07:37:34 PM »

Magda Rakosi

Was MAGDA really a servant in the classic sense?  You think she was making beds, cooking meals (aside from her own) and dusting the Old House??
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2002, 07:54:22 PM »
May I choose Hoffman?  Loyalty and dedication in a servant have to count for something. ;)

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2002, 08:04:36 PM »
May I choose Hoffman?  Loyalty and dedication in a servant have to count for something.

You can. I omitted her because of your answer-"loyalty and dedication"in a servant. She would be that perfect pick except she did not have a smile. ;)

(In all truth Midnite, (and please don't let Julia99 hear this)I committed a cardinal sin and forgot about her ::) 1970PT was not one of my favorite storylines.)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2002, 09:35:37 PM »
You all know who I want, just look at my avatar. Harry Johnson was also a chauffeur. He could be very useful and fun! Once here in Las Vegas when I was out walking at night, a luxurious white stretch limousine pulled over and the driver asked me if I wanted to get in. He said he was on break and was heading to the airport to park over there. I thanked him and said no. I didn't know who the man was, limo or not. If only that had been Harry Johnson, lol!

Birdie, I know what you mean about all those stuffed animals. My daughter has a huge collection too.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2002, 10:24:31 PM »
Birdie, if you can figure out how to get t a kid to part with the stuffed animals PLEASE e-mail me at once!!

Not only is my 15-year-old unwilling to part with the old ones, she's still expecting new ones to show up every Easter and Christmas!!!!! ::)

We have more bunnies and bears than you'd believe!!

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2002, 10:59:03 PM »
I have to go with Mrs. Johnson, regardless of her cooking skills (and could they really have been THAT bad?  After all, Bill Malloy employed her for years!)  She seemed very hardworking and efficient.  And despite her original agenda, I think that after she found out Roger wasn't Malloy's killer, she came to feel the same kind of loyalty to the Collins family that she had for her original employer.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 12:21:36 AM »

Not only is my 15-year-old unwillinging to part with the old ones..

Rainey

LOL! Rainey, my oldest is 19 and she still collects them!

Here are my choices of servants:

Beth Chavez-Seemed like a nice person, but too into Quentin. How could you trust a woman like that in your home, especially around your man? Noooo...

Sarah Johnson-Got off to a bad start with whole Burke thing, but became awfully loyal after that. I wouldn't mind having her around, although I don't think she was too good a cook. But who cares, with their money, they could always eat out. As long as she was a good housekeeper, she's fine with me! [okb]

Mr Trask-I don't really remember too much about the character here.[hdscrt]

Harry Johnson-I am saving him strictly for Cheryl! :)

Willie Loomis-An excellent housekeeper! Anyone who could fix up that old house the way he did, definetely gets my vote! The fact that he was good looking didn't hurt matters either.[wink2]

Ben Stokes-Ahhh, good old Ben! I think he was the most loyal & dedicated of them all. I loved the way he was with the children too. The night that he carried Sarah home from the cemetary still sticks in my mind. Both of the children loved & trusted him, which definetely is plus for a good servant. There wasn't an evil bone in his body. Kind & gentle & loyal to a fault, I wouldn't mind having him around.[thumb]

Riggs-sleeps too much on the job, not a good sign.[sleep]

Mathew Morgan-I don't think so. Did that man ever smile once on the show??[pissd]

Magda-I liked the character, but as a servant, I wouldn't trust her as far as you could throw her.[greed]

Good one Vam!!  Thanks! :)

"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2002, 02:20:52 AM »

Harry Johnson-I am saving him strictly for Cheryl! :)

I decided to give Harry to Cheryl and take him off the list -He is exclusively for her (Happy Cheryl ? ;))Now I will add Hoffman to  the list.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2002, 02:31:23 AM »
Beth Chavez
Sarah Johnson
Mr. Trask (1970PT)
Harry Johnson
Willie Loomis
Ben Stokes
Riggs
Mathew Morgan
Magda Rakosi

Was Beth a servant??? She was too 'upity' for me.
Mrs. Johnson, though strict, was very good at minding her own business (and, hey, 1968 was a different time).
I don't remember knives with Mr. Trask...I really liked him though as a servant
Ben was too dim for me
Riggs was good
Magda...a servant!!! lolololol rofl

Now Carolyn in a maid's outfit..... :o

I think we've forgotten:
Vicki (I remember her doing other odd jobs besides tuting Davey)
Maggie (they treated her like hired help)

Patti

who has an 11 yr old (who still keeps her CABBAGE PATCH DOLL AT NIGHT) and who just had a baby...
Birdie...tell your son I'm poor & need his stuffed animals
::)
What a Woman!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2002, 02:37:41 AM »
Magda...a servant!!! lolololol rofl

Now Carolyn in a maid's outfit..... :o

I think we've forgotten:
Vicki (I remember her doing other odd jobs besides tuting Davey)
Maggie (they treated her like hired help)

Let's make them take out the trash and see if they serve with a smile ;)LOLPatti

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2002, 04:49:02 AM »
Failure, he did not part with a one.  I hate to admitt it he even has his older brothers.  

I still need Willie, can he cain chairs?  I need three done.  He was good with antigues.  Also could use some pieces refinished.  I could keep the poor guy very busy.

Birdie--who can't complain about her son.  I still have my Raggety Ann doll hidden in my sweather chest.  She is as old as I am.  Somehow my husband didn't like her decorating the bed.  Stuff animals seem to be an problem with our family.

Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth