Author Topic: DS Fantasies  (Read 1359 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
DS Fantasies
« on: July 28, 2006, 07:21:07 PM »
I have one of THE most BORING jobs, as evidenced by the fact that I'm on here about ALL day, LOL, and sometimes on any particularly slow day (like today), in order to get through the excruciating boredom until 5 pm rolls around, I sometimes fantasize that I live in Collinsport and work at Collins Enterprises.  Does anyone else do this?   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: DS Fantasies
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 07:40:25 PM »
I'm a stay-at-home and I frequently pretend I'm sitting at this keyboard  day and night because I'm writing the Next Great American Novel...... ::)....snort!!

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 12:37:20 AM »
Actually I do fantasize about living in Maine quite a bit. I've been lucky enough to visit a few times and I think it's the most beautiful place in the US.

Oh, and Victoria Winters  ;D
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 02:48:54 AM »
So, BuzzH, in what position do you picture yourself at Collins Enterprises?  Would it give you a key to the executive washroom?

I've never fantasized that way at work, but it would be awfully easy.  "Mild-mannered Lydia's friends and relations believe that she works with internet circuits, but in point of fact she works with....(Ta-da!)....The Circuits of Time!!!  Faster than a speeding bullet she routes coffins to 1795, telephone booths to prehistoric San Dimas, and Volkswagens to the 22nd century!!!  (Please note: the rumor that she dispatched Jimmy Hoffa to the Big Bang in a little red wagon is simply not true.  It was a Cadillac.  Black leather interior.  Fully accessorized.  See brochure for details.)"  Yes indeed, this has possibilities.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 02:56:10 AM »
::laughing:: I admit I haven't done that. Though in Jr. High I used to pretend I was at Starfleet Academy.  ;D

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 03:38:41 PM »
So, BuzzH, in what position do you picture yourself at Collins Enterprises?

Why, PRESIDENT and CEO of course, LOL!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline LeFanu

• Junior Poster
  • Like, I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 07:16:49 AM »
I have to admit that on the nights when I have trouble sleeping (this is one of them!), instead of counting sheep, I sometimes imagine I'm a long-lost cousin, recently arrived at the great house of Collinwood.  I go over the layout of the mansion in my head, and imagine what all the Collins family members (and perennial guest Dr. Julia Hoffman) are getting up to at 1:00am!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 07:44:20 AM »
counting sheep

counting cows...
counting flies...
counting wigs...
counting Barnabas's victims...
counting Angelique's victims...
counting Laura's husbands...
counting the times Roger reached for the brandy...
counting the times Julia handed out the sedatives...
counting the times Roger Davis touched his hair...

Are you asleep yet, LeFanu?

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 03:45:01 PM »
I've also had a few enjoyable DS inspired fantasies/dreamscapes over the years.  Details of one or two are probably best not repeated here  ;) .  But, let's just say they involved one male character in particular, some romantic candlelit nights followed by soft morning light streaming through the tall windows at the Old House.   :-*

Anywaaaaay, one of my archival fantasies and also one of my favorites of all time is how I would imagine that this long, tree-lined road I walked down every day on my way home from Jr. High was actually the drive to Collinwood.  It was especially fun to do in the fall months when the air was crisp and the trees were turning colors.  Cloudy days with storm clouds forming were also extra cool.  The best part was realizing that when I got home DS would be there with another episode to savor. I guess, in a way, Collinwood really was at the end of that long drive. 
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline LeFanu

• Junior Poster
  • Like, I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 03:03:11 AM »
Castlebee, I love your fantasy!  And thanks, Lydia - counting all those different DS related "sheep" will be a great aid to my insomnia.. ;)