Author Topic: RIP Tudi Wiggins~~Jerry Lacy Co-Star in the 1970s  (Read 528 times)

David

RIP Tudi Wiggins~~Jerry Lacy Co-Star in the 1970s
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:09:37 AM »
RIP~~
Tudi Wiggins, who appeared with Jerry Lacy on the soap Love of Life from 1974-1980, has died.
She was 70.
In 1969 she appeared on the Canadian DS knock off Strange Paradise.
She was also on All My Children in the 1980s, and did Broadway and films.

She did a talk show in Kingston NY in the 1980s, then retired from show biz, and ended her working life as a hospital caregiver.
She lived in Upstate NY, and died of cancer.

David

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Tudi Wiggins~~Jerry Lacy Co-Star in the 1970s
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:27:54 AM »
Loved Tudi Wiggins - she was kind of from the Grayson Hall school of characters who were whiskey-voiced, tough as nails - yet dames with hearts of gold and an entertainingly scheming reserve. Her chartacter on "Love of Life", Meg, was having an affair with Jerry Lacy's character - who was also having an affair with Meg's daughter! She was quite memorable as the headstrong Meg. Hey, she bedded Reverend Trask (indirectly). Someone had to.

RIP, Tudi. 

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Tudi Wiggins~~Jerry Lacy Co-Star in the 1970s
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 03:49:19 PM »
Oh, what sad news!  I'm so sorry that her last years were marred by that hateful illness.

My only exposure to her was on Strange Paradise, where she was more or less a guest star.  She was on for 3 weeks in the first "season" of the show and they brought her back a couple of months later as another character--an actress who was wont to slip into a bit of Shakespeare, or Noel Coward--divine!  It was such a superb role for her and I cherish those shows--I've watched them several times.

I wish I could have seen that local access show she hosted.  Like Grayson Hall, I can imagine Tudi Wiggins reciting the phone book as riveting theatre.

Best, Steve

David

OT - Re: RIP Tudi Wiggins~~Jerry Lacy Co-Star in the 1970s
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 04:56:29 PM »
I just recalled~~in the late 70s CBS ran a daytime special showcasing the talents of their daytime stars.
Wiggins performed a monologue from The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, a role she had played on Broadway.

She was indeed magnificent!

Also, it should be pointed out that her Kingston NY talk show was not on access, but on a local network affiliate station.

David