Author Topic: Majestic figures a hit!/merged /w DS figures by Majestic Studios: your thoughts?  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
DS figures by Majestic Studios: your thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 02:29:10 PM »
A few weeks ago I purchased the DS figures by Majestic Studios. I absolutely love them!

Their clothes are fabulous, and they even came with socks! Now that's detail! I think the fabric the clothes are made from are quite good. I haven't seen many figures where the clothing is made of fabric, rather than molded plastic, so I am quite pleased.

I haven't tried to change the heads on them, I had enough difficulty attempting to put the hands on 1968 Barnabas.

My only  complaint is how the figures came packaged. There was a plastic tie wrapped around their necks, then coiled down through their clothing. This made it very hard to unbox them, because I had to untuck their shirts and pull the wire out that way.

So what does everyone think of the DS figures? Do you like them? What do you like most? What do you dislike?

And lastly, if MS comes out with additional figures, who do you think they will be?

As for myself, I am hoping for Julia, Victoria and Angelique.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: DS figures by Majestic Studios: your thoughts?
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 02:55:49 PM »
well i'd love a chris jennings but i'd have to fight a few here if it was a one of a kind ;D

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 03:16:36 PM »
Am looking forward to seeing these figures up close at the Fest, but someone I know who has one had one gripe about Barnabas, and that is he has BLUE eyes.  True, or no?  That wouldn't necessarily keep me from buying one, but that's a pretty big detail to screw up as Jonathan has very distinctive, HAZEL eyes and Barnabas' eyes were so focused on whenever he was 'putting the bajewel' on someone. ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 03:33:34 PM »
I wouldn't call them blue, more gray-ish to me....I have both the 1795 and the 1960s version, and one's eyes are painted darker than the other (which I think looks better). But it doesn't take much away from the look of the figure or the headsculpt (which is probably as close to perfect as you can get in this scale of a figure).

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 05:53:57 PM »
I'm a fan of these figures.  I'd been waiting for someone to do DS figures for years and these are great.

My only gripe is with Quentin's werewolf head.  They left his nose looking totally human instead of giving him the black werewolf snout from the show.  Thus he looks vaguely like the Bela Lugosi in the
'Ape Man' instead of looking like the werewolf from the show.  With all the detail they put into these figures, it perplexes me that they did that.  
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Same, PennyDreadful.... I noticed that about the werewolf head, too. I've never placed the werewolf head on Quentin, so I'm not sure how it looks on the body. As a figure lover I was on cloud nine when Majestic released them. I might cry if they don't continue the line.  :-X I so want a Willie and Josette (I'd buy others, of course,  but those are the two I want the most). IMO, Angelique and Julia are likely for a series 2. If we ever see a series 2.

Sunny Collins, if you like these and are a fan of other movies/shows, you should check out Sideshow Collectibles. Majestic's DS figures are comparable to Sideshow's figures (they do Buffy, X-Files, Star Wars, classic horror like Dracula and Frankenstein, etc...). I love figures with cloth clothing. More detail and  more life-like to me.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Well, as long as we're dreaming about potential figures, wouldn't it be cool if they had a Sarah figure? :)

If they don't have a series two, that will be sooo lame! :(

But until they tell us for sure that they're not going to make any others, I'm going to hold out hope.  ;D

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Same, PennyDreadful.... I noticed that about the werewolf head, too. I've never placed the werewolf head on Quentin, so I'm not sure how it looks on the body. As a figure lover I was on cloud nine when Majestic released them. I might cry if they don't continue the line.  :-X I so want a Willie and Josette (I'd buy others, of course,  but those are the two I want the most). IMO, Angelique and Julia are likely for a series 2. If we ever see a series 2.

Sunny Collins, if you like these and are a fan of other movies/shows, you should check out Sideshow Collectibles. Majestic's DS figures are comparable to Sideshow's figures (they do Buffy, X-Files, Star Wars, classic horror like Dracula and Frankenstein, etc...). I love figures with cloth clothing. More detail and  more life-like to me.

Thanks for the info on the figures, Barnabas'sBride!

I completely agree, that the cloth outfits make them seem more realistic!

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Majestic figures a hit!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 12:45:44 AM »
I've never paid the slightest attention to the Figures......I don't collect anything but books, truth be told.  But if they were to come out with a Willie Loomis figure.....well.......I just might have to look into THAT!... ;)

heehee we can all be bought ;D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Raising this to ask fest attendees if Majestic Studios was there.....was anything said about a series 2? I want to know if I'm going to have to give up on my dream figure line..... :(

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Raising this to ask fest attendees if Majestic Studios was there.....was anything said about a series 2?

They were, but I don't know about another series.  I'm pissed at myself for not getting my Barnabas figure Friday night as they were only $35 AND they'd sold out by Saturday.  Ah wel...
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Maybe due to the fact that they sold them so quickly at the fest, MS might consider doing a series two. One can hope.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Raising this to ask fest attendees if Majestic Studios was there.....was anything said about a series 2? I want to know if I'm going to have to give up on my dream figure line..... :(
At one point during the Festival, Kathryn Leigh Scott commented on how surprised she was by DS's ongoing popularity and by how her likeness has been used so often over the years: "I've been on T-shirts, on the music box packaging, I'm a bobblehead, and I hear I'm supposed to be an action figure."  So maybe there will be a second series featuring Josette/Maggie.

ProfStokes

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
would pay a tidy sum for a maggie figure dressed in her diner garb......... ::)
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Just as long as there's a Julia Hoffman figure as well! (And Angelique as well)