Author Topic: Majestic figures a hit!/merged /w DS figures by Majestic Studios: your thoughts?  (Read 3738 times)

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
WOW!!  I just finally got around to getting the Barnabas 1967 and Quentin figures.  Majestic did a bang up job on the sculpt of the heads, and the clothes, while always difficult, are just fine.  I would highly recommend these to anyone who is on the fence.  The likenesses look superior to the photos I had seen!  I wonder if JF and Selby are pleased with the results?

Petofi, who's a great big kid again today! 8)

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Majestic figures a hit!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 01:24:08 AM »
Yes, I was very pleased with these two. I love my 1795 Barnabas, too. :)

San Diego Comic Con is this coming week and I think we might hear something about a possible second series then...perhaps they will have prototypes on display? I know they're going to be at the Con. If they're going to continue the line (I hope they are), then I would think we'll be finding out very shortly. Maybe lightning will strike twice for me and they'll announce the second series - I just found out Sideshow is finally releasing a Giles figure for their Buffy line, and I've been thirsting for him for what feels like a very a long time. ;) I may actually be able to complete my Scooby gang.

I'd love to have multiple DS figures as well.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 01:48:05 AM »
It goes without saying that the next batch should be Julia/Angelique/Josette.....

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:07:29 AM »
I'll be happy if they just continue the series at this point! Stokes and Willie would also be fun - or how about an Adam series, with Dr. Lang and - gulp! - Jeff Clark included! >:D

Petofi, who would like HIS likeness reproduced as an action figure.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 03:33:23 AM »
I've never paid the slightest attention to the Figures......I don't collect anything but books, truth be told.  But if they were to come out with a Willie Loomis figure.....well.......I just might have to look into THAT!... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 03:34:30 AM »
 They are really cool aren't they?  I emailed Majestic a couple of weeks back and they said they have Angelique "in mind" for a future release. 
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 03:50:01 AM »
They really should be announcing the next series at this Comic Con, or giving us good pictures of prototypes on display, anyway. I'm going to be checking action figure sites since they usually post pictures of upcoming items from the companies. Majestic's unvieling their new Battlestar Galactica 12 inch figures there (from the new series).

I'm thinking a second series would likely consist of Angelique & Julia or Angelique & Josette.....but I'm anxious for a Willie myself. :-*

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 04:14:39 AM »
Okay, I insist that Julia is the next figure in the series.  And I want it to include two heads:  one with her original 1967 'do and one with her chic, stylish post-1795 'do.  The doll should be dressed in a replica of one of her most attractive dresses (wasn't there a blue one that was especially flattering?) and come with a lab coat that fits over the dress.  Other accessories should include a handbag, medallion, hypodermic, and a bottle of sedatives.

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 04:42:50 AM »
Kind of a dork for this stuff. I think in all likelihood if they do another series, which I sadly doubt, we'll see another Barnabas figure, perhaps with a longer hair headsculpt and one of the 1800s costumes. He's "the name"; even the Quentin figure didn't sell nearly as well as the Barnabas figures.

These companies have trouble keeping figure lines floating well enough to do supporting characters. Sideshow took a beating on a Planet of the Apes line that had a lot of supporting characters as figures.  Would love to see new figures, just skeptical that I will.
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 02:40:34 PM »
Okay, I insist that Julia is the next figure in the series.  And I want it to include two heads:  one with her original 1967 'do and one with her chic, stylish post-1795 'do.  The doll should be dressed in a replica of one of her most attractive dresses (wasn't there a blue one that was especially flattering?) and come with a lab coat that fits over the dress.  Other accessories should include a handbag, medallion, hypodermic, and a bottle of sedatives.

Word Claude!  I agree wholeheartedly w/everything you've suggessted!  May I add that they should also include her gloves, a cigarette (w/holder) and a candlabra to light it with, and instead of different heads, they could simply have one head and several hair changes (the brown football helmut-both actually 'cause it changed, the short 'do' and the longish hair she had at the end of the run).  I also agree that the blue suit w/the frilly ascotty thing was her best 'present-day' outfit.   8)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »
Majestic's unvieling their new Battlestar Galactica 12 inch figures there (from the new series).

Now, if they were to do figures from Gallactica 1980 and had a Xavier figure or from the original Gallactica and had guest character Lt. Wolfe (Richard Lynch's characters) I'd be all over that like a French whore on an American tourist, LOL!   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 02:52:33 PM »
Word Claude!  I agree wholeheartedly w/everything you've suggessted!  May I add that they should also include her gloves, a cigarette (w/holder) and a candlabra to light it with,

How could I have forgotten her cigarette holder and gloves????  I could be drummed out of the Legion for that!   ::)

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »
Pictures are coming in and it seems that Majestic only had the current figures on display, no prototypes of a second series shown...that probably doesn't bode well for the line.... Maybe they'll mention something about it while they're at the Con, but with no prototypes....it just doesn't look that good.

Anyone know if they're supposed to be at the fest?

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 05:09:43 PM »
Anyone know if they're supposed to be at the fest?

You know, I was wondering that myself.  I'd like to see the dolls up close before making a decision on whether or not I want them for myself.
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 03:25:25 PM »
If you find close up pictures of them, they look exactly like the online pictures. There were no surprises with them. So if you like them in the pictures then you should like them in person.

I'm disappointed there were no series two figures displayed at Comic Con....if they're at the fest, someone can ask them if they're continuing the line. Maybe they would release  information there.