Author Topic: classic verbals  (Read 1451 times)

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
classic verbals
« on: April 25, 2002, 07:58:52 AM »
"its a sudden death, that i know, my father wrote to tell me my cousin, uncle jeremiah, was very disturbed!.
.. "tell her im im im im on my way"..... "a man who claims to be a cousin, barnabas cousins,,,barnabas collins"...."that night must go nothing wrong"...."dont feel bad amy, i dont like to feel my, i dont like to see my relatives".."i will be not sit here, accepting this"
"if were able to get that from her,is it necessary to kill her" ((loud flatulance sound))   "yes"    ;D   just a few to name
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Online ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: classic verbals
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2002, 08:10:04 AM »
"its a sudden death, that i know, my father wrote to tell me my cousin, uncle jeremiah, was very disturbed!.

Those Collins incestors again!  ;)

I remember Quentin and his "Grandmamamama".  I also look fondly on a scene between Clarice Blackburn and Mitchell Ryan where she clearly fed him his lines and he bounced right back: "You weren't about to run away from something you didn't do."  "That's right!  I wasn't about to run away from something I didn't do, Mrs...uh, Johnson."

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I remember another scene coming up in 1968 where David and Amy are discussing secret passages in the West wing.  The camera cuts away to Liz, Roger, and Vicki II, who are looking for the children. When it returns, David and Amy repeat the exact lines that they'd just said before.

ProfStokes

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 09:02:59 AM »
How about Sam Evans having a conversation with Joe Haskell:
Sam" I just finished the painting of Barnabas Conrad, uh,Barnabas Collins."

SPOILER.........SPOILER............SPOILER..........SPOILER...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I remember Magda talking to Evan Hanley in the drawing room at Collinwood saying: "I know you took the book!!"  Evan replies, "The Book??!"  Magda then says, "The Hand!!"

During the Adam storyline, Julia & Willie are burying Barnabas, whom they presumed dead. Willie in distress says to Julia, "Julia, what are we gonna tell the folks up at the... the... old house,  I mean,.... the..... the... new house, uh, the big house."    I guess Collinwood kind of slipped his mind. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 09:24:24 AM »
I don't remember the character's name, played by Roger Davis. Barnabas says to him, "Tell them that you saw no one here." Roger Davis says, "Oh that's fine, what am I gonna tell em?" Barnabas says, "That you saw no one here!"
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 08:34:52 PM »
A personal favorite-- Attorney Charles Dawson refers to "defense for the counsel."  Hmm, would that be along the same lines as, say, "prosecution for the witness"? ;)

BTW, tripwire, your name has intrigued me and I enjoyed hearing your story earlier about what scene inspired it.

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2002, 09:01:54 PM »
Barnabas' unique interpretation of the law: "innocent until proven innocent".

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2002, 10:49:09 PM »
I still like Barns groovy remark a week or two ago when he was looking for his "mojo-sette".    [peace] Peace    :-* Love 8) and Coolness to all...

CastleBee [silly]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2002, 10:49:35 AM »
I don't remember the character's name, played by Roger Davis. Barnabas says to him, "Tell them that you saw no one here." Roger Davis says, "Oh that's fine, what am I gonna tell em?" Barnabas says, "That you saw no one here!"

That's a good one Cheryl. :) I believe it was Dirk Wilkins that Barnabas was talking to.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2002, 04:42:40 PM »

I loved that scene.  When Barnabas repeated that line, it was not with the calm, instructive tone from the first time, but rather with a decidedly peeved, scolding tone ... it seemed more like Frid stepping out of character and snapping, "Roger, are you DEAF??!  Now you're making ME sound stupid having to repeat my line!"  ROFL!

All of the above examples are important reasons behind the enduring and endearing charm of DS.  They introduce a human element not otherwise evident in other shows where it was technically and economically possible to correct the scenes to sterile perfection.  

KLS or Lara Parker once recounted how, during the original run of DS, a bouquet of flowers arrived on the set from actress Joanne Woodward.  The accompanying card read, very simply, "Dark Shadows, I love you!"  KLS or Parker mused, "For some reason, it seemed as though she had been laughing ..."

Ben   :D

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2002, 08:15:38 PM »
how about Angelique saying Hollywood 8) not Collinwood!
two worlds apart i'm sure  LOL!(OR maybe not!)

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2002, 02:18:20 AM »
how about Angelique saying Hollywood 8) not Collinwood!
two worlds apart i'm sure  LOL!(OR maybe not!)

I do believe that was the divine Miss Bennett, who probably wished like hell that she was in Hollywood 8)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2002, 04:11:10 PM »
SPOILERS...

How about the scene between Barn. and Adam at the Old House...B. is trying to keep Adam in line, and he says "Remember..." then promptly forgets who Adam is suppose to remember, lol.  Rodan (whose Adam character could barely talk at that point) fed Frid the name.  I think it was Dr. Lang  ?!?  Anyway, that is one of my favorites.  Coming up in the next storyline too  ;D

MrsJ.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2002, 04:34:12 PM »

I do believe that was the divine Miss Bennett, who probably wished like hell that she was in Hollywood 8)

Luciaphil

Really Luciaphil i could have sworn it was Lara Parker
in the drawing room at Collinwood but hey i could be wrong!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2002, 06:53:03 PM »
Really Luciaphil i could have sworn it was Lara Parker
in the drawing room at Collinwood but hey i could be wrong!

I think it was Lara Parker also, and I believe it is on the Blooper reel. It happens when Valerie first arrives at 1840 Collinwood. Maybe more than one actor on the show made that freudian slip.  ;)

Bette
Life works if you let it