Author Topic: 2006 Dark Shadows Festival Tee Shirt Design  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
2006 Dark Shadows Festival Tee Shirt Design
« on: July 12, 2006, 11:01:20 PM »
Hi Everyone

Wow, the Dark Shadows Festival commemorating the 40th anniversary of the show first airing in June of 1966 is only about 6 weeks away!  I'm writing today to tell you about my new T-shirt design for this years event. This will be the 16th year in a row I've attended the Festivals, and the 15th consecutive year that I've designed a shirt to coincide with the event.

With Dan Curtis passing away earlier this year, I wanted to acknowledge his much publicized vision/dream of a dark haired girl (Victoria Winters) on a train bound for a small fishing village. (Collinsport) Victoria in turn is envisioning the house at the edge of the sea, high atop Widows Hill (Collinwood) and it's people, who are still only shadows in her mind, but who will soon fill the days and nights of her tomorrows. (The Collins clan; Elizabeth, Roger, Carolyn, and David.)

Mr. Curtis' dream would eventually become the genesis of Dark Shadows. It may be hard to tell from the low resolution scan, but the image of Dan Curtis is in flesh tone colors, while the vision he is seeing is in black & white. Dark Shadows first aired in black & white way back in 1966, so I thought it appropriate to incorporate that facet of the show into the scheme of the design.

Also available and pictured in the scan is my very first Dark Shadows tee-shirt design titled; "Vampire Collage". I first made and sold this design at the 'Dark Shadows Day' in Tarrytown way back in June of 1992.

As in recent years, I'm only going to have a handful of shirts available for sale at the Festival. If you are going to be at the Festival and want to pre-order a shirt or shirts, I will make it and have it for you at the event. If you are NOT going to be at the Festival and want to order shirts, you may do so at this time. Priority mail shipping w/delivery confirmation will be $4.45 on any size order. Shirts are available in the follow sizes; Medium on up to extra large are $17.00 each. Double XXL shirts are $19.00.  Triple XXXL $22.00

I can be reached via e-mail at; Bobubas@aol.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon. :)

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 Dark Shadows Festival Tee Shirt Design
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:05:12 AM »
Awesome job as always, Bob!  I think I still have my sweatshirt you gave me back in 92!  Hard to believe it was that long ago.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 02:14:27 PM »
I first made and sold this design at the 'Dark Shadows Day' in Tarrytown way back in June of 1992.

God Bob, hard to believe I met you ALL those years ago at that very event!  I can see you now, tooling around the Lyndhurst estate in your cute little rat tail hawking that shirt!  ;)  And here it is, 2006 and we're still buddies babieeee!  ;)

I think I still have my sweatshirt you gave me back in 92!

Jen, how old were you, like FIVE, LOL!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 10:37:37 PM »
Hi All,

I've had a few request for a better scan of this years tee shirt design, so I'm posting it here.  Hopefully this one works out better. :)
                                     Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 06:59:48 PM »
In order to console myself for having to miss the BIG 4-0h-my-GOD-I'm-old-enough-to remember-the-beginning-of DS Fest this year, I decided to buy one of Bob's 40th anniversary T-shirts.  It arrived yesterday and I would just like to say - though the scan above is good, it really doesn't do justice to the portraits.  They are really beautiful and finely detailed.  The quality of the shirt is very nice as well.  Overall, definitely a very nice purchase and addition to my DS collection. 

(Disclaimer - incase there is any doubt, this is a completely honest and unsolicited endorsement. [angl])
[/size]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad