Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #153 -- DS Survey / Fest Schedule / Pre-Barn DVD Update, more  (Read 5320 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
According to an unnamed source, a certain mystic seer will return to Brooklyn in August!!  Let's just hope he doesn't get arrested for what shocking secrets of the Collinses he reveals...... [91a2]

Oooh, a REPRISE of Charnak?!  I look forward to it w/baited breath!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
If you enjoy sharing with fans and seeing/hearing lighthearted parodies, then you would probably enjoy the gala...

Hmm, that doesn't sound bad at all  :)
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I also think a Next Generation style show would work well for DS.  However I picture David, not his kids, being the one who still can't help poking his nose into the supernatural.  David seemed to always have an affinity for attracting unnatural phenomena and I imagine this being a continuing thing into his adulthood.  I imagine Carolyn would be the matriarch of Collinwood, matured after all she's been through in her life.  Maybe she'd have a hellion of a daughter (or son) herself.  David's kids I think would be the opposite of him.  Perhaps more scientifically-minded instead of whimsical.

Damned good ideas!

The hard thing about doing the next generation on DS is that they'd still probably have to bring in Barnabas, Quentin, Angelique and other immortal characters at some point, if only for a cameo.  People would want to see those characters show up at some point.  Casting the original actors would mean having to explain why the characters have aged.  The other option is casting new actors which would be kind of lame and wouldn't work as well IMO.

I don't know, I wouldn't mind a next gen without the original villians, and if they cast new actors to play the parts, I wouldn't mind too much (maybe it's the DOCTOR WHO in me.) Or maybe they could work in a little back story about why the progeny of the originals are continuing to menace the Collin's family?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey