Author Topic: Happy 40th!!!  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Shadowsfan

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 40th!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 10:30:37 AM »
A big Happy 40th  !    And may new genrations of DS fans continue to celebrate this unique Supernatural Gothic Series  for many more years to come.  :)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 12:31:48 PM »
From playing baseball, lazy, hazy, crazy (!) days on the beach, and night-clubbing    [crowdhappy] [love3] [beer]... to shuffleboard, wistful and contemplative moments in the rocking chair and ever-increasingly earlier trips to the orthopedic bed (and increasingly more frequent "trips" to the "facilities"!). [sleep] [8371] [sleepy1]

I tell you, in forty "short" years, it's been like going from the boundless youthful enthusiasm and energy of that mischievous colt, young Master David Collins, to devolving (or is that "decomposing"?) to the superannuated "inactivity" of the venerable senior citizen, Mr. Ezra Braithwaite....   ::) ;)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 02:54:49 PM »
We're the Avis of fandom- we try harder!!

Hear, hear!  WE are TRUE fans!!  We stick w/it like a pit-bull to 1) get it aired on TV PSB and SciFi), 2) get it on VHS, 3) get it on DVD and last, but MOST important, to keep the Fesitival's going when they were going to stop doing them after the first Brooklyn Festival in 2003!   ;D

Happy Anniversary to the best damn show ever!  And to the most awesome fans/cousins around too!  ;)  See you all in 8 weeks in Brooklyn!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 12:51:29 AM »
It is lovely to see all of the anniversary wishes, and Victoriawinters, that cake looks super yum! Here's to another 40 years.

Misa

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 09:13:43 AM »
Happy 40th Anniversary to Dark Shadows !!!!!!

[thewave]     [occasion15]     [beer]     [cheer]     [crowdhappy]

Sorry I'm Late! [6184]  I was 11 years old the year DS started.  Even though I started watching originally just before Barnabas came on in April, 1967, I was STILL 11, since my birthday is in May.  [thumb] It's all of us wonderful fans who have kept DS alive all these years.  I am privileged to be one of them.  [winkg]  I look forward to seeing/meeting many of you in two months at the Fest! [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 11:44:15 PM »
 [occasion18] [occasion1] [occasion5] [occasion6] [occasion13] [occasion15]

Happy Belated Birthday to DS!!! I started watching the show late (not till Chris Jennings & werewolf storyline), so maybe there's a reason I am ending up doing the birthday wishes late too!

[vampy] [Wolfie] [witch]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Evan Hanley

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 07:39:54 PM »
HAPPY 40TH ANNIVERSARY TO THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!! DARK SHADOWS!!!!!

Evan Hanley

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 09:51:18 PM »
This is a great anniversary. I remember so well when the show came on. I had, this is the truth, just finished Kindergarten, and my mother, knowing how much we both loved classic horror films, let me watch this "new show"  with her. I was caught up in the great sets and atmosphere, and a layer of spookiness as rich and delicious as hot fudge!   [icecream] Somehow I new it was going to have ghosts, REAL ghosts!   [Ghost00] I have been running through a lot of the Pre-Barnabas episodes all week as part of my celebration. What I've been noticing while really enjoying the "black and white" period, is that while arguably the two most popular characters to be were almost a year away, the show did have so much going for it and all the seeds to grow into the fully blossomed classic it became;  the family with more secrets than closets, the mystery of the missing mother, but most importantly the great settings; the decrepit Old House, Widow's Hill, the Blue Whale, Eagle Hill cemetery   [grim], and of course, the greatest set ever on daytime TV, Collinwood. While everyone agrees the writers were never really checking for continuity, I think the elements which made this show better than other attempts of supernatural adventure, like say "Friday the 13th, the series", "Passions" or even the '91 revival worked so well because of the freshness and originality. I think however DS was so much of its time, I often wonder how they could do it today; would Willie be able to create a pseudo background for Barnabas with internet tinkering for example? We just don't have those kind of "drifters" today do we? I can't imagine The Blue Whale without its waltzes and rocking surf instrumentals.   [gramophone]
 Nonetheless, this show has been a big part of my life since June of two score years and I hope it will be for 60 more. You know, when you look at the world in 1966, with all munsters on TV,  [frankie]  superheroes in dark blue capes, cartoons that didn't pound us with messages, and toys like Creepy Crawlers, Captain Action, and Barbie secretly dating GI Joe, I feel so lucky to have been a kid then. They don't make decades like that anymore.

Michael    [occasion13] to Dark Shadows!   [occasion18] [occasion16]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul