Author Topic: Festiva Badgesl  (Read 1376 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Festiva Badgesl
« on: June 18, 2006, 07:21:26 PM »
I'll be arriving in NY late Friday morning/early afternoon. How early does the line for badges begin forming, and how much time should I expect to be waiting in line?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: Festiva Badgesl
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 09:40:32 PM »
My guess is a couple hours before the time registration opens, which I think is usually 6Pm or thereabouts.  Line is typical of lines at all cons at registration -- that is LOOONG.  Most people want badges as soon as possible so they don't miss any programming they might be interested in.

However if you have a physical disability, they will make sure you don't have to stand.  They usually work people with physical limitations into the front of the line.

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 03:08:46 AM »
Most people want badges as soon as possible so they don't miss any programming they might be interested in.

Just like Pansity said, if you want to be in the main room for the beginning of things you'll want to get in line asap and expect to be there for a couple hours.  If you don't care about the first couple things, like the first hour or so, just hang out somewhere (room, bar etc...) then stroll up after the main room opens up and get your badge when the line is gone.  That's what all my friends and I do.  Of course, we've gone to these things since the late 80's/early 90's, so we're pretty jaded anyway, LOL!  The BAR is our favorite place to be, for most of the weekend!  And the cool thing is, most of the stars show up there sooner or later.   >:D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 02:09:39 AM »
Bar? Did I hear my favorite word???? >:D

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »
Bar? Did I hear my favorite word???? >:D

LOL!  Hey, we need to get a 'fridge in out room LdyAnne.  I mean, where ELSE are we going to keep our alcohol chilled?   8)  We can tell the hotel one of us has medicine that needs to be refrigerated and I think they have to give you one for free even!  We did that a few years ago w/Karlenfan who DID have medicine at the time that needed to be refrigerated and I don't recall us having to pay for it.  ;)

Word of advice cousins, go to the local liquor store and stock up on your own booze 'cause the bar is expensive!   8)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 05:29:57 PM »
Hey, we need to get a 'fridge in out room LdyAnne. I mean, where ELSE are we going to keep our alcohol chilled? 8) We can tell the hotel one of us has medicine that needs to be refrigerated and I think they have to give you one for free even! We did that a few years ago w/Karlenfan who DID have medicine at the time that needed to be refrigerated and I don't recall us having to pay for it. ;)

Word of advice cousins, go to the local liquor store and stock up on your own booze 'cause the bar is expensive!

Yeah they would.  a friend of mine did that and got a fridge for fee.

LOL.  Now the hotel is going to run out of fridges to give to people who really need it for the medication. ;)
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 07:12:38 PM »
Yeah they would.  a friend of mine did that and got a fridge for fee.

LOL.  Now the hotel is going to run out of fridges to give to people who really need it for the medication.

ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!!!!!!  I never even thought of that!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"