Author Topic: Barnabas the Vampire  (Read 1220 times)

Offline HobbiesDS

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
Barnabas the Vampire
« on: April 23, 2002, 06:03:55 AM »
A couple of thoughts:

I loved the scene the other day when Barnabas tells Joshua he is a Vampire.

I just realized that Nancy Barret plays an insane character in at least 3 storylines.

Where did the picture of Angelique come from that was hanging in the old house?  I thought Barnabas did not move Josette's potrait until 1967.

This is my first time watching the whole 1795 storyline.  I can't wait to see how it ends.  Then one of my favorite storylines starts.  1968.  The resurrection of Angelique as Cassandra.  The introduction of Nicholas Blair, then the werewolf storyline and Chris Jennings and then finally Quentin!  I'm also curious to see how Julia and Barnabas become friends.  Because when we last left them they were still enemies!

HobbiesDS 8)
HobbiesDS

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas the Vampire
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2002, 07:26:35 AM »

Where did the picture of Angelique come from that was hanging in the old house?  I thought Barnabas did not move Josette's potrait until 1967.

In Friday's episodes, when Joshua asked the countess to meet him at the Old House, a man's portrait was hanging above the fireplace.  Natalie noticed the change, and Joshua explained that Barnabas had moved Josette's portrait after his 'death'.  After he told Natalie something of the situation and secured her promise to help battle the curse, Angelique caused that painting to change into a likeness of her as a demonstration of her power in death and a warning.  

Apparently, the movement of Josette's portrait prior to 1967 was one of the changes that Vicki caused by her time-traveling.  ;)

ProfStokes  

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2002, 06:34:31 PM »
I think that was the first time I heard the term vampire since I started watching the show.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2002, 07:49:12 PM »

After he told Natalie something of the situation and secured her promise to help battle the curse, Angelique caused that painting to change into a likeness of her as a demonstration of her power in death and a warning.

That made me think - why in the world would Baranabas think Angelique could survive a point blank gunshot wound yet die from being choked? You'd think her first resurrection would at least take a little of the mystery out of her current return.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2002, 04:28:48 AM »
I just realized that Nancy Barret plays an insane character in at least 3 storylines.

quote]

At least five that I can think of:

Millicent, now insane, in 1795;
Carolyn, insane just prior to 1840 time travel;
Carolyn, insane in 1995
Charity Trask, hypnotized into believing she's Pansy Faye. (Does that count as insanity?)
Leticia, 1840; possessed by Judah Zachary

Offline HobbiesDS

• Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2002, 05:04:47 AM »
Your right I think, it is 5 times.

How could I have left off Caroyln prior to the 1840 timeline, she was being possessed by Leticia and I guess you could say her Charity Trask character was crazy!

HobbiesDS 8)
HobbiesDS

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:30:34 AM »
Your right I think, it is 5 times.

How could I have left off Caroyln prior to the 1840 timeline, she was being possessed by Leticia and I guess you could say her Charity Trask character was crazy!

Guys don't forget the insane Melanie in 1841PT-- she was possibly the most insane of them all (after all, she was homicidal)
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"