Author Topic: Reminder, Roger Davis and Ben Murphy in Charlotte Western Show  (Read 1387 times)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Just a reminder, our own Roger Davis and his co-star from "Alias Smith and Jones", Ben Murphy will be at the Western Film Fair in Charlotte in just a few weeks. The dates are 7/12-7/15 (I Believe) Here's a link to the site:
http://westernfilmfair.tripod.com/  (I can't access this at work, but I'm pretty sure on the dates.) No doubt the focus here will be on the new book on the series.  But as roger is not officially listed for the DS Show this year, its your opportunity.

Just a bit of fun, my wife was saying she remembered Ben Murphy from "That show where he gave people a check, and it changed their lives." Sort of a retake on "The Millionaire", it was called "Lottery"   and ran one season. She couldn't remember the name of  boss who sent the checks. I tried to convince her his name was "Mr Fancypants."   [walk] So each week, Murphy, as Patrick Flaherty would give someone a check for say, $2 Million to some brick layer, and say, "Mr. J Biltmore Fancypants would like to give you your winnings in this check." Then the winner would say, "Oh yeah, well tell Mr. Fancypants I don't need his money, okay!"   [vryangy] or some such. Memory gets fuzzy on one season shows. (Okay, so it wasn't Mr. Fancypants, but it should have been.)  ;)

Michael
  [nut]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Amanda

• Junior Poster
  • Mrs. Davis
    • View Profile
Re: Reminder, Roger Davis and Ben Murphy in Charlotte Western Show
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 01:50:59 PM »
I just got back from Charlotte yesterday in the am.  It was an incredible experience.  It was hot and humid in Charlotte.  I now understand why Southern Belles swoon.  It's the heat.   ;D

I met Roger Davis.  He was charming, gracious, sweet, nice and oh so handsome.  (I thought I had it bad before.  Now, it's even worse.)  I had the pleasure of sitting next to him at the banquet.  We talked non stop.  I like Roger am a world class talker so we got along great.  I was a little star struck at first.  He put me at ease.  Knowing what a huge fan I was of his he made the occasion memorable.  The highlight was of course the banquet.  Over the days I had several pictures taken with him and got his autograph.  It was the time of my life.  Roger made it so special.  I will always cherish the time he was so gracious in sharing with me.  I didn't want the weekend to end.

I once posted on here that since I didn't know Roger he may be the biggest jerk on the planet.  After spending the weekend with him I must say I was correct in my first opinion.  He is the greatest. 
The Kansas Cousin

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 06:41:37 AM »
How nice!  I have no personal experience of him, but there've been so many negative comments over the years that it's really interesting to get this perspective.  Glad you had such a good time.  :)
Josette

Offline Amanda

• Junior Poster
  • Mrs. Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 08:53:48 AM »
It was the most wonderful experience of my life.  I will post a pic when I figure out how to do it.   ::)
The Kansas Cousin