Author Topic: Grayson Hall on The Girl from UNCLE  (Read 1369 times)

Offline nedstuart

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Grayson Hall on The Girl from UNCLE
« on: June 07, 2006, 09:19:27 PM »
Grayson Hall is in the episode of The Girl From UNCLE titled "The High and Deadly Affair" airing on American Life Network (formerly the Goodlife Network) today June 7th at 10pm and again at 1:00am on June 8th.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Grayson Hall on The Girl from UNCLE
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »
She has a few good moments in the show--notably at the beginning when she appears in a white lab coat!  By and large, though, it's a wasted opportunity.  Much, much better was her guest appearance on The Man from UNCLE.

She is actually on camera A LOT on The Girl from UNCLE, though, so it's a must for cultists of the Divine One.

Is The American Life Channel running both The Man and The Girl from UNCLE?  I wonder when, if ever, we will see a DVD release of those shows?

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 10:38:06 PM »
I don't know anything about the potential of The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. coming to DVD, but Warner did mention last night that they "hope" to release The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in the future.

Interestingly, apparently some Web sites have been accepting pre-orders for a July 25th release of the first season - but Warner said those sites are "misinformed" and there is no release scheduled for 2006.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 11:30:20 PM »
Warner did mention last night that they "hope" to release The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in the future.

Interestingly, apparently some Web sites have been accepting pre-orders for a July 25th release of the first season - but Warner said those sites are "misinformed" and there is no release scheduled for 2006.
There's a dispute between Anchor Bay and Warner Bros. as to who owns the DVD rights to the series. Anchor Bay put out a press release for a first season DVD release during the first week of April, citing the July release date that you mention. Retailers, including Amazon, began listing the DVD release shortly thereafter. By mid-April, Warner Bros. attorneys had contacted Anchor Bay over the rights issue, and most retailers promptly yanked their listings for the Anchor Bay DVD release due in July. As far as I know, since the dispute over rights came to light, nothing more has really been said as to what headway, if any, is being made toward resolving the dispute and issuing a DVD release.

TVShowsonDVD.com covered both the Anchor Bay release announcement and the subsequent yanking of the title.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:51:13 AM »
These sorts of disputes make fans crazy.  How can there "suddenly" be a dispute about the ownership of a series that goes back to the Flood, for pete's sake?

And right now, I'm sure I'm not the ONLY Illya Kuryakin fan who's tuning in to see David McCallum play "Ducky" on NCIS.  Wouldn't you think SOMEONE would pick up on the longevity of his fans worship and decide it was a good time to get those "Man From U.N.C.L.E."  DVDs out the door NOW!!?  >:(
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »

This has happened before.  A few years back, Amazon was taking pre-orders for The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, then Disney pulled it and never released it.  Frustrating to say the least!   >:(
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 07:00:35 PM »
There's another news item today on TVShowsonDVD.com regarding what was said in the Warner Bros. chat and what was posted (and apparently promptly removed) from the site of the group claiming to own the rights to the series, Ember Entertainment Group:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5810

Not that it means much in the real scheme of things, but Robert Vaughn's official web site acknowledges Ember Entertainment Group as a news source for information on the series.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)