Author Topic: Why haven't we received DS Festival '06 mailings yet- IT'S GETTING LATE!!!  (Read 4305 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
heehee mine is addressed to patti and pam i thought the same thing who the hell is pam? ::)

LOL, I get one at work for a former co-worker named Kathy.  Funny thing it, Kathy NEVER wrote to the DS Fest, she ordered something from MPI once (after I gave her their mailing address).  Clearly MPI and the Fest exchange mailing lists!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Got one even stranger than that one about your ex coworker, Buzz.

Was talking to a friend of mine on the phone a couple days ago.  This is someone who mostly does Regional SF cons, media cons, SCA events and the occasional Worldcon.  She went to a couple of the Fests when they first started up in Newark, but NOTHING in over 15 years, nor has she ordered anything from MPI. (By the way it didn't surprise me to hear that they probably are using MPIs lists for mailings.  It makes perfect sense to me, given MPIs big presence at the Fests, as a way to contact an audience with a demonstrated interest in DS.)

Bottom line is Toni  got a flyer for the fest.  Makes you wonder whether for the 40th they are culling from every membership list they ever had, or where they are buying their mailing lists.  She and I were scratching our heads trying to figure out how, if not from the old Fest list, they got her name.  (She's seriously considering coming for at least one day, by the way.  IF she's not too dead from Pennsic, which is only a couple weeks before the Fest.  I LOVE contaminating people!  >:D)

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics