Author Topic: Couples We'd Like to See  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Couples We'd Like to See
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2002, 12:37:37 AM »
Well Jennifer, the Collins "incestral" traditions never paid much attention to blood ties, did they?  I suppose that is because "the Collins blood has always had a certain persistent ... strength!"  Rather like the passions of those Collins men!

I once wrote a long Chris/Quentin slash tale (inspired by a short story my friend Nicky wrote) because I thought Briscoe and Selby would be so darned hot together.  It wasn't till I finished it that I realized Quentin was Chris' great-grandfather!  Yikes.

Best,

Gothick

jase

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2002, 02:49:46 AM »

I've got a few:

- Vicki and Jeremiah.  This was apparently planned but never happened.  I think it would be so much better than the Vicki/Peter pablum.

- Angelique and Quentin.  For real.  There were hints of it during Leviathans but it never took off.

- Sebastian and Maggie.  This one was actually happening onscreen, but didn't last too long.  And yeah, Chris Pennock scarcely remembers Sebastian, but I'd have him as anybody with Maggie so long as the two were paired.

- RT Quentin and Buffie Harrington.  They should've brought Liz Eis back in RT.  It would've been great.

- Julia and Roger.  Smart, smooth Roger, mind you, from the early days.  I love J&B, but I think Julia and Roger together would give both characters a lot more to do.

- Vicki and Quentin.  A constant fanfic pairing that probably would've been very interesting.

- Quentin and Charity/Pansy.  I loved the hints of this during 1897, and for about two secs in RT during Leviathans they seemed to be toying with Carolyn and Quentin (there were a few scenes, and then a rather well-known publicity still with NB and DS) .  Then they realized that was very eww.

- Virginia Vestoff and David Selby.  There were the ashes of a relationship during 1840, but we never got to see them truly together.  I wish we had.  The sad part is that if KLS had played Samantha as planned, they would'nt've trashed the character the way they did with VV.

- Kitty and Edward.  With Kitty as Kitty.  I was a sucker for them, even though she was duping stupid old Edward; Kitty was one of KLS' few good stints on the show, when they weren't making her play perpetual ingenue.

The problem is that, sooner rather than later, the show became much more event and monster-driven.  Today it would've adapted, or maybe even returned to its flawed roots in the era of "Passions" and what not, but I think we'd see more romance today.  Back then, that was what made DS so unique -- romance was incidential, and often an afterthought to the carnage.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2002, 03:04:49 AM »
Couples that weren't (at least not for long) but should have been¢â‚¬¦

Liz and Frank Garner (the elder)

Vicki and Frank Garner (the younger)

Actually, the Sr. Mr. Garner was Richard - and I like the idea of him and Elizabeth together too. I also would have liked to have seen Ned Caulder, who Elizabeth declared was her one and only true love. They probably intended to bring this character on the show at some point but tabled it when they went chasing after the supernatural for ratings (kind of like how the story of Vicki's identity was shelved.)

Add me to the list who would have loved to see Vicki and Jeremiah together - another story line probably ruined by Anthony George's decision to leave. I wish they would have recast.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2002, 03:10:00 AM »

- RT Quentin and Buffie Harrington.  They should've brought Liz Eis back in RT.  It would've been great.

I really got a huge kick out of Elizabeth Eis.  She gave her characters something interesting.  Buffie in the hands of someone like KLS would have standard ingenue #13.  With Eis there was always a little twist.  This is an interesting pairing, Jase, one I would not have considered.

- Julia and Roger.  Smart, smooth Roger, mind you, from the early days.  I love J&B, but I think Julia and Roger together would give both characters a lot more to do.

Finally!  Someone who sees this too :)  And no, I'm not just hipped on it because I wrote a fanfic with them.  

- Virginia Vestoff and David Selby.  There were the ashes of a relationship during 1840, but we never got to see them truly together.  I wish we had.  The sad part is that if KLS had played Samantha as planned, they would'nt've trashed the character the way they did with VV.

Another great idea.  Vestoff may not have been the standard soap opera beauty, but could she act!  From the little we saw of her PT character, I think we can safely assume that she had the range to do a lot of things.

- Kitty and Edward.  With Kitty as Kitty.  I was a sucker for them, even though she was duping stupid old Edward; Kitty was one of KLS' few good stints on the show, when they weren't making her play perpetual ingenue.

A big ol' ditto from me on this one.  I am not one of the fans of TLATKLS, but this was the one role I thought she excelled in.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2002, 03:15:28 AM »
Samantha and Quentin

Would have like to have seen them truly together as a couple on the show. On another interesting note, at a couple of Dark Shadows Festivals I attended, David Selby spoke very highly of the late Virginia Vestoff, and paid her a big compliment by saying she had the prettiest red hair he had ever seen.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2002, 03:30:27 AM »
Another possible match we saw  only a hint of was with Roxanne Drew and Claude North.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 04:38:09 AM »
Vicki and Frank Garner....I wished their relationship had developed a bit more than it had.

Vicki and Jeremiah....same reason as above.

Barnabas and Julia. He should have realized SHE was his one true love.

The Sebastian/Maggie pairing, brief as it was, turned me off. I didn't see any chemistry between Chris Pennock and Kathryn Leigh Scott. I would have had Maggie get back together with Joe (Kathryn and Joel Crothers played the most realistic couple on the show I thought).

Quentin of 1840 and Samantha had chemistry in the sense they were completely believable as a couple who had been forced on each other in an arranged marriage (I always believed this had been the case) and, hard as they tried, just couldn't make it work. I liked Quentin much better with Daphne.

I don't share the enthusiasm for Quentin (1897) version and Angelique. As far as I'm concerned, only one woman was worthy for him and that was Beth Chavez. Beth never tried to force Quentin into marriage like Angelique did. Unlike Angelique, Beth was there for Quentin, with no strings attached, no price, even when he didn't deserve her devotion.