Author Topic: episode #490  (Read 617 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
episode #490
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:21:13 AM »
for those of us who have some of the early marilyn ross novels check out today's slide-show.

the cover shots for "the mystery of collinwood" and a few others must have been taken during the production of this episode.either in it's filming or dress rehearsal.

vicki is wearing the same trench coat and the same hairdo and barnabas is wearing the same gray three piece suit and tie.it looks like dr.lang's house is the backdrop as well.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: episode #490
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:57:57 PM »
Thanks for pointing this out--I think you must be right!  The sight of those old books certainly does take me back.

Since both Julia and Mrs Johnson were on set that day, I really think it's a shame that they didn't do a shot of Grayson and Clarice together for one of the books.  Maybe Ross could have rewritten the plot of Arsenic and Old Lace with GH and CB as, I don't know, Delia and Adelaide Collins, the genial spinsters who rack up an impressive line of lonely old bachelors in their sitting room down at "the Cottage."  I can just see GH rhapsodizing about the rare vintage of her elderberry wine... *smirk*

I just love the snapshot of Julia "at the console" as the experiment starts to go wrong.  Great stuff!  My warped brain suggests a caption: "Was that a double cheeseburger, no pickle, no special sauce, WITH extra fries???"

G.