Author Topic: Review Of The Night Stalker Companion: A 25th Anniversary Tribute  (Read 757 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Quite an interesting review, with quite interesting though hardly surprising details of the behind the scenes story: The Night Stalker Companion: A 25th Anniversary Tribute
(And just as a side-note for those who may not know, Mark Dawidziak, who authored the book, "hosted" the showing of the WB pilot at last year's Fest.)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Review Of The Night Stalker Companion: A 25th Anniversary Tribute
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 11:13:43 PM »
Very interesting.  I'd never heard such frank quotes from Dan Curtis about how desperate he was to wind up Dark Shadows during the final year.  It really seems to support the theory I've promoted for years that Dan himself was being DS's cancellation.

The reviewer doesn't say so, but in my opinion John Llewelyn Moxey was a very gifted, highly imaginative director.  He also directed The House that would not die--an unusual vehicle for Barbara Stanwyck, based on the Barbara Michaels novel Ammie come home-- for the ABC Movie of the Week series, among several other films.  Horror hotel is one of my desert island films; it's so stylish, and has fabulous, idiosyncratic performances.

G.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Review Of The Night Stalker Companion: A 25th Anniversary Tribute
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 02:39:55 PM »
It really seems to support the theory I've promoted for years that Dan himself was being DS's cancellation.

I concur, I think DC was the deathknell for DS.  Too bad he couldn't just turn it over to someone else like other soap producers do.   :'(
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"