Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0080  (Read 179 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0080
« on: January 08, 2024, 04:26:18 PM »
Robservations #80

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0080

And speaking of that post, I love how DarkLady wrote:

When Roger goes to look for The PEN at the beach, he leaves Collinwood wearing dark trousers and a tan coat. But when he's on the beach, his wardrobe also falls prey to Lookout Point’s transformative properties--his coat has become dark and his trousers light, but they change back when he returns to Collinwood.

But as I wrote in response:

The transformative phenomenon that is Lookout Point is truly amazing. It's so very sad that the phenomenon was never explored, and thus its properties remain completely unsolved.  [sad3]

Offline McTrooper

• NEW ASCENDANT
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
    • Fan Made Lego Comics - Clay and Dona
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 04:46:45 AM »
Quite an eventful episode.  I remember burning through the Robservations having my phone read to be episode summary after episode summary.  And this was probably one of the episodes that made me want to absorb more of the story. 

Lydia talked about Carolyn and Joe’s age in the previous WP. 
I never thought the age difference was huge between the two.  Elizabeth hasn't left that hill in 18 years then even understanding soap operas don’t always make sense with ages, shouldn’t Carolyn be almost 18 or older?  * But it’s definitely played as if she’s younger.  And Joe has always seemed to be older.   . . .   . . .  I’m not sure what to think now  . . .

Having some Déjà vu on the Carolyn’s age topic like maybe I’ve talked about it on this forum before. 

This bit of dialogue copied from Robservations of the episode seemed a bit morbid  . . .  “ . . . I think I'll go to Lookout Point--who knows, maybe I'll fall in the water and drown like Mr. Malloy--then no more problems. You do that, quips Vicki--only don't get washed up on Widows' Hill. Carolyn smiles weakly. Vicki goes back to writing her letter  . . .”

There’s some clever dialogue, but not so clever I remembered it. 

It almost sounds like I don’t like the episode, but it starts Ratcheting up the tension in the plot arcs and even knowing the Bill Malloy story ending there’s something exciting to me about how the story makes you keep thinking it could be someone else. 

Barnabas: Your hair smells like mint today.
Julia: Yeah, I gargled today.
Barnabas: Huh???!!!!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 03:16:29 AM »
Roger is fretting about the pen. Elizabeth is looking for David. Roger doesn’t want Mrs J in the house and Elizabeth appears to be ready to move her up to Collinwood. Meanwhile, upstairs, Carolyn wants Vickie’s advice on Joe. Vickie urges her to call him.
     Roger has gone for a stroll on the beach, looking for the pen, and throws a rock in the sea. The outdoor footage doesn’t match the indoors.
     Joe comes to the house and Elizabeth grills him on his plans, she wants to give him a better Job. He wants to buy his own boat. Roger comes home and is hostile to Joe. Carolyn learns Joe was with Maggie. She ignores the fact Sam was there also. Elizabeth calls Mrs. J about a job, while Vickie shows Roger the pen she found at Lookout Point. Instead of saying he just lost it, he remains quiet and keeps the saga of the pen alive.

point. Now, Roger could just say he was down on the beach a couple days ago and must have lost it, but no, he will drag it out
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times