Author Topic: Scary Monsters Issue #133  (Read 62 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Scary Monsters Issue #133
« on: December 31, 2023, 03:05:47 PM »
I was in my local Barnes and Noble yesterday and the new issue of Scary Monsters magazine caught my eye. There was a small photo/drawing of Nancy Barrett as vampire Carolyn in the upper left hand corner. And there's more DS content inside.
First, there's a brief but very heartfelt tribute to Lara Parker by longtime fan Janet Meehan. There's also a couple of photos of Janet's artwork of Angelique. There's also a photo of her with Lara. I certainly knew of Janet through The World Of Dark and and other publications but I don't think that our paths ever crossed.
There is also a fairly long article on House of Dark Shadows by Rod Labbe who has contributed many articles about DS to the magazine. It's largely a detailed summary of the movie. It's accompanied by a lot of stills from the movie. Nothing unusual about any of them but it's always nice to see them.
And, lastly, the back cover has a great picture of a group of 1970's vampires that includes both Barnabas and Carolyn. It's by Scott Jackson and it's quite good.

Scary Monsters has a price tag of $14.99, which is a big pricey for an impulse purchase. But it is worth a read.

Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Scary Monsters Issue #133
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 06:20:13 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Sounds like an interesting issue. Hopefully I'll get to B&N before the next issue comes in.

Thanks for the heads up.  [santa_smiley]