Author Topic: Happy birthday, CastleBee!  (Read 106 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, CastleBee!
« on: December 19, 2023, 05:12:38 AM »
Happy Birthday!

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Happy birthday, CastleBee!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 09:17:55 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CASTLEBEE!!!!

Hope it was a really great day!!

[4334]    [reindeer-lights]   [8_2_59]
Josette

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 12:38:24 PM »
Happy Birthday, CastleBee!  [8_2_73] [4244]

I still get a big laugh whenever I think of your extremely witty and hilarious caricatures of Barnabas in a leisure suit a la Saturday Night Fever’s Tony Manero and the aged, imperious (and not to mention chronically-constipated) Count Andreas Petofi in a much-needed diaper. Oh, they were TOO funny!  [Smiley_with_xmas_tree] [santa_grin] [santa_cheesy] [8_2_74]

You are greatly missed here on the Dark Shadows Forums..

Bob

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 03:33:48 PM »
You've done it now, BtB! You've opened the door, and I'll never not take advantage of such an opportunity!  [ghost_nowink]

So, with that in mind, my favorite CastleBee handiwork is definitely this:

It will never get old and it will never cease to be hysterically funny!!  [santa_cheesy] [santa_grin]  CastleBee was truly brilliant when she came up with it!!  [santa_thumb]

Happy belated birthday, Ms CB!!  [occasion13]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 09:22:43 AM »
Happy Birthday and many more miss you your smile on here.
Take care Anne 💐🎁🎂
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 02:04:18 PM »
You've done it now, BtB! You've opened the door, and I'll never not take advantage of such an opportunity!  [ghost_nowink]

So, with that in mind, my favorite CastleBee handiwork is definitely this:

It will never get old and it will never cease to be hysterically funny!!  [santa_cheesy] [santa_grin]  CastleBee was truly brilliant when she came up with it!!  [santa_thumb]

Happy belated birthday, Ms CB!!  [occasion13]

MB,

Oh, Barnabas Collins a la Sister Bertrille, that IS too funny! [8_2_73] Maybe Barnabas considered following a new path in his life when he stopped by Puerto Rico, the shining star of the Caribbean, on his trips to and from Barbados?  [santa_huh] [santa_rolleyes] [santa_grin]

Do you remember watching “The Flying Nun” on ABC, one year after DS premiered in 1966? I understand that Sally Field has especially “fond” memories of her days as the young nun on that show. I recall that the Sisters of Charity at my grade school thought the show was rather silly. I read that the 19-year-old Sally Field was pregnant during the third and final season of ”The Flying Nun.” So, the show’s film crew was especially challenged, not to show Sister Bertrille’s growing “baby bump” as she was filmed hanging from a cable while the good sister was flying over the convent at San Tanco in San Juan.

Didn’t the DS film crew face a similar problem when Diana Millay was noticeably pregnant during the first year of the show? They would frequently place Laura Collins behind a couch or film her only from the waist up, during DM’s scenes with Louis Edmonds, Joan Bennett, Alexandra Moltke, etc., to hide Ms. Millay’s blessed state. (Although it might have been great fun to have seen Roger and Elizabeth’s reaction to seeing Laura, once again, in the “family way”!)  [nods] [santa_evil] [santa_thumb]

Bob

PS I would have liked to have seen Sister Bertrille visit Collinsport and getting a good look at all of the eerie goings-on as she flew over Collinwood, Widow’s Hill and the Eagle Hill Cemetery. She probably would have given the cemetery caretaker an apoplectic fit as she glided over the Collins Family Mausoleum!!!  [santa_shocked] [santa_azn] [santa_cheesy]