Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0079  (Read 144 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0079
« on: December 14, 2023, 11:44:14 PM »
Robservations #79

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0079

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 05:02:07 AM »
 [4269] In secret, in Burke’s room, Mrs J and Burke commiserate on the verdict and he warns her to downplay her reaction. This is to ensure their plot to get her entrenched at Collinwood.  Sarah reveals that Bill was unhappy Roger came home and he felt Sam had gone to seed. So much for employee confidentiality.
     Sam and Maggie chat in the cafe when Mrs J comes in and orders vegetable juice, coffee and toast which she shall butter herself. I’m surprised she didn’t ask Maggie to wash her hands and inspect the dishes for cleanliness. Burke comes in and they further the plot by her accusations that Burke’s return led to Bill’s demise.  David comes in and berates the woman he sees as his future jailer.  Burke takes him to his room and beguiles him to want Mrs. J at Collinwood.  Now they must wait for Elizabeth to decide if she will allow another stranger at the Collins house.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline McTrooper

• NEW ASCENDANT
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
    • Fan Made Lego Comics - Clay and Dona
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 10:29:31 PM »
Excellent summary alwaysdavid :)

——
I think it’s nice to see David apologize.  Even if it was partly because he was manipulated into it. 
Even when he’s doing something wrong Burke seems to be the most well mannered “villain” in any piece of fiction I can think of at the moment. 
But that does make for his change of heart more believable later on in the series. 
Barnabas: Your hair smells like mint today.
Julia: Yeah, I gargled today.
Barnabas: Huh???!!!!