Author Topic: Looked Like Barnabas  (Read 80 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Looked Like Barnabas
« on: December 11, 2023, 09:07:48 AM »
Since the pandemic, our library doesn’t get newspapers on the current day, and the New York Times is often 2 or more weeks behind.  There’s also ProQuest online, which one can access through a library account, and it has all of the New York Times, but about a month behind.  Sunday, November 5, 2023 didn’t come to the library (or disappeared) and I had to read that one through ProQuest. 

As I was going through, I was moving to the next page when I thought, wait! That looked like Jonathan Frid!  What could that be?

I went back and it was nothing like him.  It turned out to be Joel Kinnaman as astronaut Ed Baldwin in something called “For All Mankind.”  There are 3 pictures of him from different seasons.

If you’re able to look it up, it’s the November 5, 2023 New York Times, Arts Section, Page 15.  If you cover the bottom of the first picture so that only the top of the nose and up shows, the hair and eyes, at a quick glance, really looked like Frid as I went by.  As I said, once I saw the whole picture, it’s nothing like him!  I’ve had this on my screen at times, though, and every time, for a moment, I think it’s Frid!!!
Josette

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Looked Like Barnabas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 12:18:31 AM »
Hi Josette that’s pretty cool wish it was Barnabas! Thanks for sharing with us.
Love, Anne  [4011]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 10:01:15 PM »
I see what you mean, Josette!  If only those bangs were a bit pointy...  [santa_wink]

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/arts/television/for-all-mankind.html

I believe it still is-- Happy Hanukkah!

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 07:50:43 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one!!  How nice that you found the link.  But, I tried it, and one has to have an account, and they offered a bargain subscription.  I hope others will be able to see it.

Actually, it just ended, but thank you!!!! [santa_smiley]
Josette