Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving To All/0t  (Read 746 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving To All/0t
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2023, 11:40:39 PM »
Bob, the only thing that would have made a Barnabas/Buzz storyline better would have been an appearance by the great Harvey Lembeck as Eric Von Zipper.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2023, 11:50:10 PM »
 [pointing-up]  OMG -YES!!

And just imagine if it turned out he was Buzz' long-lost father...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2023, 12:52:53 AM »
And Susan Hart, as The Ghost In The Invisible Bikini, would certainly have given Josette a run for the ectoplasmic money. And Barnabas would have fallen for her immediately. If not sooner.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2023, 01:07:55 AM »
 [pointing-up]  Definitely a huge YES!! on all of those counts!! Especially for Barn falling immediately!! If not sooner!!!!  [nodassent] ::)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2023, 12:21:56 PM »
Bob, the only thing that would have made a Barnabas/Buzz storyline better would have been an appearance by the great Harvey Lembeck as Eric Von Zipper.

Oh, Uncle Roger,

Your reference to the immortal Eric Von Zipper brings back memories of my parents taking my brothers and I to the local drive-in to see several of those “classic” Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello movies way back during the early 1960s.

I think actor Peter Turgeon, the actor who portrayed the Dr. Dave Woodard, who gets “offed” by Barnabas, was in one of those “beach” movies.

I believe Don Rickles portrayed the aptly named “Jack Fanny” in another one of those Frankie and Annette films. It would have been great fun to have seen “Mr. Warmth” on DS and opining on Barnabas and Willie living in a drafty house with no electricity, heat or working “water closets” or the fact that Dr. Julia Hoffman was apparently the world’s greatest schnorrer, what with her staying on and on and on at Collinwood and never thinking about ever leaving the great house.

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2023, 02:08:10 PM »
Peter Turgeon appeared in the second film in the series, Muscle Beach Party. Alas, it's the only film in the series that Harvey Lembeck and his gang do not appear.
But it does have the participation of the amazing Candy Johnson. Candy, usually attired in a minidress covered with fringe, danced up a literal storm. Can you just imagine her shaking her groove thing to one of Robert Cobert's groovy numbers at The Blue Whale??
Fade Away and Radiate

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2023, 03:22:23 PM »
Oh, yes, the exceedingly energetic (to say the least!) Candy Johnson, the very attractive dancer in those classic beach films!

You know, I always wished that during the Adam storyline, Dan Curtis would have had Eve, resplendent in that oh-so-tight black evening dress of hers, sashay into the Blue Whale one night, during one of those “supposed” long walks she would take along the shoreline (just to get away from the clumsily amorous and not-too-handsome Adam). It would have been great to have seen Bob Rooney, Joe Haskell, Mr. Wells and the Eagle Hill Cemetery caretaker react to the oh-so-striking Eve as she plopped her callipygian caboose on a bar stool there!  [hall2_rolleyes]

But, to see the curvaceous Candy Johnson “shake-her-booty” in the Blue Whale would have been EVEN better!   [hall2_shocked] [nods] [hall2_kiss] [hall2_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2023, 05:35:24 PM »
Remember that Eve was forbidden by Nicholas to let anyone see her. Not that she followed many of his orders. So, in the words of Gilder Radner's Emily Litella, I suppose I should say, "Never mind."  [hall2_wink] [hall2_grin]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2023, 04:33:39 AM »
Yes, I do remember that warning from Nicholas to Eve. Still, it must have been lousy for Eve to stay in that seaside house all of the time, what with the over-sexed Adam trying to get to “know” Eve in the “Biblical sense” all of the time.

However, I do remember when Adam brought Eve to Collinwood to meet Carolyn and to see where Adam stayed at Collinwood. That went about as “well” as when Donald and Melanie Trump “greeted” Joe and Dr. Jill Biden at the White House just before Grandpa Joe’s inauguration ceremony as the new POTUS.  [hall2_rolleyes] [hall2_angry] [hall2_wink] [hall2_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2023, 03:26:15 AM »
Bob-- "Callipygian"...  you have supplied me with my Word For the Day!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2023, 03:28:14 AM »
Magnus,

I think I once heard the immortal Dr. Eric Lang, in describing his girlfriend, Leona Eldridge to Barnabas, say that Leona absolutely had THE most “callipygian keester,” he had ever seen during his over 200 years-plus on this Earth!  [3767] [4244] [8_2_74]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2023, 04:07:22 AM »
Bob-- "Callipygian"...  you have supplied me with my Word For the Day!

Magnus,

I think I once heard the immortal Dr. Eric Lang, in describing his girlfriend, Leona Eldridge to Barnabas, say that Leona absolutely had THE most “callipygian keester,” he had ever seen during his over 200 years-plus on this Earth!  [3767] [4244] [8_2_74]

Oops! I meant to say that Barnabas, in complimenting Leona’s obvious “pulchitude,” told Dr. Lang of his admiration for the good doctor’s girlfriend’s decidedly zaftig appearance.  [santa_rolleyes] [santa_kiss] [santa_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2024, 07:32:13 PM »
Lang's older than I thought! Off to Google "zaftig"...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor