Author Topic: It’s Too Bad They Never Celebrated Halloween in Collinsport, ME  (Read 192 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Hey, gang,

As I’m sitting here watching a report on “The Today Show” on Halloween celebrations across the USA from Salem, MA down to Key West, FL and out to Deadwood, SD, it occurred to me that we never saw anyone either observing or even acknowledging the annual celebration of Halloween on DS.

Wouldn’t it have been cool (and even heartwarming) to have seen young David Collins and cute-as-a-button Amy Jennings walking from door-to-door in Collinsport and exclaiming, “Trick-or-Treat!” to such delighted Collinsport residents as Blue Whale bartender Bob Rooney, venerable Collinsport jeweler Ezra Braithwaite and Todd Antique Store proprietors, Phillip and Megan Todd?

And, who would David and Amy dress up as trick-or-treaters? Maybe David decided to go as Damien Thorn, the precocious child/demon from the film, “The Omen”? (Although, that wasn’t too much of a stretch for Davey Collins, as I’m sure you’ll all agree.) And, who would Amy dress up as? I’m thinking maybe Anne Shirley of “Anne of Green Gables.” Then again, the pixieish Amy might have opted to go as the “slightly” homicidal Rhoda Penmark from “The Bad Seed,” (one of Gerard’s and yours truly’s all-time favorite films).  [Hallo_Costume]

No doubt, back in 1956, when Maggie Evans, Joe Haskell, Harry Johnson, Buzz Hackett, Susie, the future silent waitress and the two Jennings brothers were all young trick-or-treaters, they all knew well enough to stay WAY away from Collinwood!  [nods] I mean, surly Collinwood groundskeeper Matthew Morgan was bad enough and to always be avoided, but the rumors that the ghosts of Josette Du Pres, Jeremiah Collins, Bathia Mapes, Hortense Smiley, Mordecai Grimes, Pansy Faye, Carl “The Comedian” Collins, Jenny Collins, Jason McGuire, Bruno Hess, Megan Todd and a host of others haunted the grounds of the great house of Collinwood nightly, was enough to scare away all of the young kids of Collinsport, Maine.  [Spooky_Ghost] [ScaredGhost]

Finally, I’d like to propose the question to everyone, who would the DS characters dress up as on Halloween? For example:

Would Carolyn Stoddard go out as either Taylor Swift or Gwen Stefani?

Would Willie Loomis go out as either Matthew Crowley from “Downton Abbey” or, more likely, as Ratso Rizzo from “Midnight Cowboy”?

Would Bob Rooney go out as either Father Jerry Connolly from “Angels With Dirty Faces” or Archie Bunker from “All in the Family”?

So, who do you think Vicky, Professor Stokes, Buzz Hackett and, of course, Barnabas would trick-or-treat as?

Bob, who’s heading for the annual Halloween Parade in a Greenwich Village tonight.  [HapHallo]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: It’s Too Bad They Never Celebrated Halloween in Collinsport, ME
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 02:30:31 PM »
 Bob, if Carolyn were to go out trick or treating dressed as a female rock star, I want to think that she'd go as Nancy Sinatra. She probably has the wardrobe or at least the Ohrbach's equivalent in her closet. And she's certainly got the attitude.
I haven't been to Greenwich Village on Halloween in quite a few years but it's usually a blast. It's one continuous photo opportunity. And, as the evening wears on, the chances of seeing some rather high quality nudity increases!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 02:56:47 PM »
Bob , think Gwen Stefani Carolyn would go as , Willie as Cher or sonny maybe
Even Magda .Bob Rooney would go,out as Father Jerry Connelly .
 Vicky’ as Carolyn , prof stokes as dr Julia Hoffman , Barnabas as reverend trask .
Anne  [HapHalloVamp] [VampInCasket]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 03:09:59 PM »
Uncle Roger,

Oh, Carolyn Stoddard dressed up like the great Nancy Sinatra, performing “These Boots Are Made For Walk-in,” and replete with those snazzy boots, would be absolutely superb!  [Creeping] [dancing_skeleton]

And, regards to the rather “uninhibited spirit” of the annual NYC Halloween Parade, instead of being on Spring Street on Sixth Avenue, I once thought I was at either Black’s Beach in San Diego or Gunnison’s Beach in my home state of New Jersey!  [hall2_shocked] [Waving_Skeleton] [skull_winks]  [Hallo_Costume]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 03:17:44 PM »
Anne,

But, who would Quentin Collins go out as on Halloween, maybe Potsie Weber from “Happy Days,” or FES from “That ‘70s Show” or even Maynard G. Krebs from “The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis”? I just don’t know?  [HapHallo]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 03:57:42 PM »
But, who would Quentin Collins go out as on Halloween, ... or even Maynard G. Krebs from “The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis”? I just don’t know?  [HapHallo]

Now THAT I would have loved to have seen!!  [Pump]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 05:15:30 PM »
Maybe not sure if this is good or not but Quentin can go as Elvis Presley.
Just my opinion.
Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Online McTrooper

• NEW ASCENDANT
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
    • Fan Made Lego Comics - Clay and Dona
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 05:18:15 AM »
I could see that Annie.

Quentin Maybe could try going as Superman or the one of the Monkeys with sideburns. 
Oh or maybe Starburns from Community with a little trip to the barber and a goofy leather vest. 

Barnabas could go as Dracula just because. 
Victoria could be Wonder Woman since the outfit is sleeveless lol. 
Barnabas: Your hair smells like mint today.
Julia: Yeah, I gargled today.
Barnabas: Huh???!!!!