Author Topic: Is it just me....  (Read 1296 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Is it just me....
« on: April 24, 2006, 05:38:41 PM »
....or does anyone else thinks it's WACKO that the Festival website hasn't listed ANYTHING about the Fest this year?  I mean, if you don't get Shadowgram or Cybergram, you'd never even know there WAS a Festival this year!  Just bitching.... [82b5]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 08:12:19 PM »
I don't think its just you. I think convention notices are getting later. Chiller for example has only just started their listings for June 2-4. It seems to me we used to get flyers and updates on the website in February or March for the summer's show. Its somewhat ironic that no flyers have gone out and the official website information is minimal and yet we are hearing the hotel rooms reserved for the convention have been sold out.
Now on the other hand, this is the BIG ONE, the 40th. So, we in-tune "rabid" fans do keep up with the boards and emails, but I would agree, you'd think the website if nothing else would be more up to date. I can only speculate with the recent passing of Dan Curtis and his wife that many key players have been working on issues of priority related to those events.

Michael 
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:14:01 PM »
I'm certain that Jim Pierson, Ann Wilson et al are planning something really fabulous for the Anniversary, and are keeping certain things under wraps.  I'm still hoping that at least one of the legendary DSF holdouts (Moltke/Henesy/Jackson/Cody and even Jonathan) will show up.  Give them time.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 01:14:24 AM »
It's driving me nuts as well. I booked the hotel rooms, but don't have tickets for the event yet! As it is the 40th though, I am hoping there will be some spectacular stuff going on. And I am all psyched to finally see that recent pilot.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 03:15:28 AM »
I have found that the DS Fest website is always the last place that Festival info is posted.   ::)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 03:02:25 PM »
I have found that the DS Fest website is always the last place that Festival info is posted.   ::)

Yes, it is *curious* isn't it?  You'd think they'd be on the ball and get it up there right after the conclusion of the previous Fest.  I mean, we knew in Hollywood when and where the next one was, so I don't understand why they didn't have anything up at LEAST by the end of 2005 since I *believe* that's when the hotel started taking reservations for it.  Whatever the reason, there's no excuse for them to be this lax IMHO!  As someone else mentioned, the hotel is apparently booked solid so now anyone who's not aware of the Fest (newbies or ppl not familiar w/sites like this) will have to go to a "spill-over" hotel and that's not right.   >:(
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 04:29:03 AM »
I have found that the DS Fest website is always the last place that Festival info is posted.   ::)
Yes, it is *curious* isn't it?  You'd think they'd be on the ball and get it up there right after the conclusion of the previous Fest.  I mean, we knew in Hollywood when and where the next one was, so I don't understand why they didn't have anything up at LEAST by the end of 2005 since I *believe* that's when the hotel started taking reservations for it.  Whatever the reason, there's no excuse for them to be this lax IMHO!  As someone else mentioned, the hotel is apparently booked solid so now anyone who's not aware of the Fest (newbies or ppl not familiar w/sites like this) will have to go to a "spill-over" hotel and that's not right.   >:(

Granted, the Fest organizers do everything on a volunteer basis in their spare time, but it does seem odd that they would release info to ShadowGram without immediately or shortly afterwards adding it to their website.

I'm glad I always book my hotel room early...

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 06:24:32 AM »
That would mean there is an effort between the various forces to get that site updated.  Surely, you jest in thinking them capable of such a feat.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »
Granted, the Fest organizers do everything on a volunteer basis in their spare time, but it does seem odd that they would release info to ShadowGram without immediately or shortly afterwards adding it to their website.

Exactly my point!  If one doesn't receive ShadowGram in either of its 2 forms, or is not aware of a site such as this one, or didn't attend the Hollywood Festival, you'd never know there was one planned for 2006 let alone that it was in August and in Brooklyn.
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 02:11:28 AM »

Well if they are overwhelmed why not ask for help from the many fans that follow DS on these sites. I know there are many out side the inner circle that would be willing and capable of lending a hand to the over worked and taxed volunteers. Those who do this for the Fans and by the fans.  >:D

I'm glad I always book my hotel room early...
Me too

LdyAnne