Author Topic: More Kate Jackson  (Read 70 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
More Kate Jackson
« on: October 16, 2023, 12:28:31 AM »
This is a follow-up to my earlier post about Kate. It seems that this is the 40th anniversary of the premiere of Scarecrow and Mrs. King. There was a convention in California for fans of the show. (I had no idea that there were conventions for the show.) Part of the activities included a visit to the studio where the series was shot. A stop was made in front of Mrs. King's house. The sixty or seventy fans were treated to a surprise appearance by Kate Jackson. She was wearing a face mask but was in very good spirits. She actually volunteered to sign autographs and pose for pictures.  Nothing like the prima donna behavior of years gone by.
There are a couple of videos that you can watch on charliesangels.com. You might have to scroll to get to them but they are quite interesting.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: More Kate Jackson
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 01:42:50 AM »
Interesting info, Uncle Roger. I also had no idea SaMK fans have conventions. But I do remember that the show was very popular on CBS when it was on and the only reason it ended with its 4th season was because both Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner wanted the series to go out while it was still successful. I also remember that Kate Jackson herself was a successful commodity for CBS because all her made-for-TV movies for the network brought in high ratings. After SaMK CBS wanted to do another series with her but things never worked out.

As for nowadays, the show seems to have a fairly large presence online. I've also noticed through the years that all sorts of SaMH merchandise is a frequent seller on eBay. And I just saw that the show has a 90% rating on Google. So it would seem like there is a market for that book...