Author Topic: Kate Jackson News  (Read 130 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Kate Jackson News
« on: October 14, 2023, 11:54:12 PM »
There's a new book out on Kate Jackson's series Scarecrow and Mrs. King. It's written by David R. Johnson and is called The Ultimate Fan Guide To Scarecrow and Mrs. King. It offers new interviews with the cast, never before scene photos and such. So I would assume that Kate participated.
The book ain't cheap. It sells for $62.00, which is rather pricey for a paperback. Amazon is currently selling it for $32.95
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Jackson News
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 01:15:13 AM »
As many as hardcore fans there are of Scarecrow and Mrs. King, as many hardcore fans there are of Kate Jackson, as many hardcore fans there are of Bruce Boxleitner, as many as hardcore fans of all three and everything else in-between and along-side, there are not enough to spend that kind of money on a book and make a profit for the publisher, unless the publisher spent $61.00 to make it and there's one person willing to pay $62.00 to buy it.  These gouging prices are ridiculous.  Even the producers of current DS stuff can, well, you know, do what with it.  As much as I love our DS, I'm not going to spend that kind of money for what is now basically crap put out by them.

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 05:44:41 AM »
$62.00 for a lousy book; talk about chutzpah!  [devil2]

Why, Sarah Johnson and Judith Collins-Trask, those two notoriously “frugal,” longtime residents of Collinsport, Maine, would be ABSOLUTELY turning over in their graves if they knew someone was charging such an outrageous fee for some book about a tv show most Americans under the age of thirty probably never even heard of!!!  [ReallyScary] [Hallo_Costume] [ScaredGhost]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 01:17:52 AM »
I'm over 60, Bob, and I've hardly even heard of it!  I'm sure it was a fine show and its name will cause people to hear a bell ring, but I never had any interest in watching it.  I don't think I ever did.

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 06:20:23 AM »
As a sexagenarian myself, I hear you, Gerard. “Scarecrow and Mrs. King” was a pleasant, fair-to-middling 1980s tv show. However, I do remember actor Bruce Boxleitner as the official commercial spokesperson for those highly informative Toppix commercials, a product Judah Zachary would have loved having to personally use in 1692, no doubt!  [carv_pump] [devil2]