Author Topic: Dennis Patrick on Perry Manson/ot  (Read 138 times)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Dennis Patrick on Perry Manson/ot
« on: September 29, 2023, 02:08:23 PM »
Hi all watching the old black and white Perry mason show and Dennis Patrick is on there .
It’s cool to see one our Ds stars on there.
Love, Anne 😁
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Patrick on Perry Manson/ot
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 03:22:31 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Annie. I only got to catch the last half of the ep and DP didn't appear in it. But then there was good reason because when I saw the credits at the end of the ep I saw that he played the character that had been killed in the first half.  [easter_wink]

One thing that did make watching what I did see worthwhile, though, was that Nancy Kulp made a pre Beverly Hillbillies appearance...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 03:48:44 PM »
Dennis appeared in four episodes of Perry Mason over the years. He's the victim in two of them and plays a prosecutor in another. His brand of bluster would be a good match for Raymond Burr.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline McTrooper

• NEW ASCENDANT
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
    • Fan Made Lego Comics - Clay and Dona
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 03:51:21 PM »
Killed of twice an Dark Shadows (Jason, Paul) and at twice on Perry Mason  . . . I’m sure there’s more to his career, but it’s sort of funny to note that.
Barnabas: Your hair smells like mint today.
Julia: Yeah, I gargled today.
Barnabas: Huh???!!!!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 05:46:25 PM »
Were there any 1960s/1970s/1980s American tv shows that the late, great Dennis Patrick was NOT on?  [easter_huh] [easter_rolleyes] [easter_wink]

Okay, Mr. Patrick might not have guest-starred on “Gilligan’s Island,” “The Montefuscos” or “Punky Brewster,” but, I’m not even sure about that. Nevertheless, Mr. Patrick truly was “Mr. Ubiquity of American Television.”  [Bunny Thumb Up]

PS Nancy Kulp, a/k/a “Miss Jane,” I’m in love!  [easter_kiss] [Easter Bunny 2] [easter_kiss]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 06:46:49 PM »
I almost forgot that Paramount+ has Perry Mason commercial free. And I have Paramount+, so I just watched the first half. And here's a screen capture of DP featuring his patented sneering grin -

- and one of his other patented talents: playing a dead body -

DP got to play one of his vicious bullies, something he always did so well. And on a show like Perry Mason, you just knew that sort of character wasn't long for the world.  [easter_wink]

And if you don't have Paramount+ but you're still interested in watching the ep, and if you have access to Freevee or Pluto TV, Perry Mason is also available on those services, though with commercials. Just track down Season 2, Episode 27, "The Case of the Deadly Toy"...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 06:49:29 PM »
Were there any 1960s/1970s/1980s American tv shows that the late, great Dennis Patrick was NOT on?  [easter_huh] [easter_rolleyes] [easter_wink]

I seriously doubt it! He had a hugely successful TV guest starring career.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 09:16:10 PM »
I almost forgot that Paramount+ has Perry Mason commercial free. And I have Paramount+, so I just watched the first half. And here's a screen capture of DP featuring his patented sneering grin -

- and one of his other patented talents: playing a dead body -

DP got to play one of his vicious bullies, something he always did so well. And on a show like Perry Mason, you just knew that sort of character wasn't long for the world.  [easter_wink]

And if you don't have Paramount+ but you're still interested in watching the ep, and if you have access to Freevee or Pluto TV, Perry Mason is also available on those services, though with commercials. Just track down Season 2, Episode 27, "The Case of the Deadly Toy"...

Regarding that first photograph of Mr. Patrick, I wonder if Elvis Presley caught that particular episode of “Perry Mason” and The King of Rock & Roll “borrowed” Dennis Patrick’s wonderful sneer?  [easter_huh] [easter_rolleyes] [easter_cool]

And, with that dark head of hair, doesn’t Dennis Patrick resemble Paul Stoddard (circa 1949) sans the moustache?  [easter_wink]

PS KLS wrote about Dennis Patrick’s wonderfully prolonged and scene-stealing death scene after Jeb Hawkes (in his “higher form”) “slimed” Paul Stoddard to death, much to Dan Curtis’s great annoyance!  [nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 01:27:34 AM »
PS Nancy Kulp, a/k/a “Miss Jane,” I’m in love!  [easter_kiss] [Easter Bunny 2] [easter_kiss]

Speaking of Nancy Kulp, I saw her today on two eps of Match Game. It's funny, I don't remember her ever doing the show and back in the day I watched almost every day. And it's not because she gave bad answers because she was very good at matching the contestants. But then I do remember her being quite good on other game shows back then.

Also speaking of Nancy Kulp, beyond appearing in this Perry Mason which also features future DS actor Dennis Patrick, she has a closer connection to DS because she did an ep entitled "Billy's Lost Weekend" of Kate Jackson's Scarecrow and Mrs. King, and unlike how she didn't actually work with DP on PM, all her SaMK scenes were with KJ: