Author Topic: Svengoolie’s Halloween BOOnanza Is Returning to MeTV — Get the Full Schedule  (Read 83 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Before today I hadn't seen The Night Stalker in years. But every week I record Svenghooiie and watch the movie if it interests me, and this time around I watched TNS. (And one thing that's nice about Scengoolie is the show is two and half hours long so for the most part they don't edit the movies to add more commercials.)

I'd forgotten how really good the movie is. I'd also forgotten that John Llewellyn Moxey directed it and not DC - DC simply produced it. And more interesting to me is that I'd forgotten how the style of Robert Cobert's score is much closer to the new pieces he wrote for NoDS than it is to his other DS work. In fact, he even reused a piece from NoDS for TNS - he did a rerecording of Nightmare In The Past for when Kolchak has infultraited the vampire's lair and discovers his stash of blood. Here's 30 seconds of it:

Next week is The Night Strangler. It's been even longer since I've seen that and it will be quite interesting to see what Cobert's score is like for it...