Author Topic: Lara on Barnaby Jones  (Read 162 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Lara on Barnaby Jones
« on: September 16, 2023, 09:35:29 AM »
Sorry I didn't know in advance; it's half over now.  I was only half paying attention, I've seen it a couple of times now.  There was a scene with a woman that I only partially paid attention to, but when she was in a subsequent scene I was watching and thought, Hey! That sort of looks like Lara!  So, I looked it up, and sure enough, it was!!!  I don't know if I was aware of that the previous times or not.  If I was, I obviously didn't remember it!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Lara on Barnaby Jones
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 06:49:53 PM »
I thought I'd posted a screen capture from her appearance, and sure enough when I just found the time to do a search for it, I found this:

... using my phone to get -

- a screen capture from my DVR...

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 01:19:28 AM »
Oh.cool Josette thanks for sharing .
Anne 😁
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 05:23:37 PM »
When the late US Congressman John Anderson ran for POTUS in 1980 against President Jimmy Carter and former California governor (and star of “Bedtime for Bonzo”) Ronald Reagan, late-night host Johnny Carson quipped that Mr. Anderson was at a disadvantage because the American people were quite understandably confusing him with Barnaby Jones.  [easter_huh] [easter_undecided] [easter_rolleyes]

PS I wonder who everyone at Collinwood and in Collinsport would have voted for in 1980? And, would everyone be “slightly” disappointed today with the presumptive Democrat and Republican presidential candidates in 2024?  [nods] [easter_angry] [easter_shocked]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 09:08:01 AM »
Not sure I get it -- did Anderson look like him?  I have a vague recollection of what he looked like, but not enough to tell if there was a similarity.
Josette

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 09:58:57 AM »
Not sure I get it -- did Anderson look like him?  I have a vague recollection of what he looked like, but not enough to tell if there was a similarity.

Josette,

John Anderson and Barnaby Jones (Buddy Ebsen) could have been twins! There’s a picture of John Anderson over on his page on the Wikipedia site.

Bob

PS I remember seeing the great Robert Klein just before the 2012 US presidential election and Mr. Klein commented that he thought Mitt Romney looked “like a spoiled fraternity boy.” So, I guess that there’s a similarity (facially and otherwise) between the retiring US Senator from Utah and renowned publisher Schuyler Rumson, Angelique Bouchard’s former “better” half.  [easter_rolleyes] [easter_kiss] [easter_evil]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 07:18:34 AM »
Well, I see a definite similarity, but I don't think he looks that much like him.
Josette

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 01:15:58 PM »
Well, I see a definite similarity, but I don't think he looks that much like him.

I think that all gray-haired men pretty much look alike, provided that they still HAVE hair on the tops of their heads!  [easter_shocked] [easter_wink]

No doubt, warlock Judah Zachary was absolutely delighted when, after over 150 years as a decapitated “chrome-dome,” he now had a Ronald Reagan/Charles Bronson head-of-hair, thanks to the positively mop-haired Gerard Stiles (a/k/a “Ivan Miller”).  [Bunny Thumb Up] [Jumping Bunny]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2023, 07:40:54 AM »
Hee hee hee!!!
Josette