Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0074  (Read 204 times)

Watching Projext

Discuss - Ep #0074
« on: August 29, 2023, 12:18:25 AM »
Robservations #74

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0074

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 03:37:36 AM »
LOL, David throws his father under the bus as his father is celebrating 'his' victory over Burke Devlin. I'm guessing that Ryan didn't subscribe to the rule of not working with kids or animals. His scenes with Henesy are generally fun to watch and he brings out the best in Henesy.

I've often thought (and probably mentioned in the past that) Roger Davis replaced Mitchell as the screaming male lead. I think it's what made Davis Curtis' darling. Burke goes berserk. I think he yells all his lines from now until the conclusion of the who was driving the night of the accident arc. Elcar did good. The sheriff was pretty straight with Burke. Get the f**k out of town, blowhard!

I'm not sure if Liz felt awkward about celebrating a death but it sure felt awkward to watch. I guess Carolyn takes more after her uncle than her mother. Two celebrations for two different reasons and both are short-lived.

Barrett looks lovely as ever and Mitchell looks very chisel-jawed in his fresh haircut. Heard some classic DS music cues. I love the Vicki voiceovers, even the bad ones.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 01:48:52 AM »
     David proudly sneaks into town and Burke’s hotel room. Burke is peeved. David reveals he was only following Burke’s advice that it’s okay to break the law if you don’t get caught. Burke doesn’t know that the Collins family know the verdict and Roger is rejoicing. Elizabeth not so much. Carolyn arrives and jealously thinks David is Vickie.  She is unhappy David is there and angry at Burke.  She brings up the pen he gave her and Roger took away. It’s long and convoluted and makes it obvious the pen is an important plot point. Then she infuriates Burke by revealing the coroner’s verdict. Burke is horrified and orders the cousins out. He then storms the police station and confronts Patterson. Burke blames the Collins family influence for the verdict and is hell bent on retribution. 

you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times