Author Topic: To Everyone /ot  (Read 126 times)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
To Everyone /ot
« on: August 13, 2023, 03:47:43 AM »
Hi all, hope I didn’t offend anyone on the topic I just posted about the Ryan white story.
Was merely pointing out that Mitch Ryan was in the story .
Oh well, maybe I should not post here anymore .
Anne 😢
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: To Everyone /ot
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 04:35:19 AM »
Annie, I can't imagine why anyone would be offended by the Mitch Ryan/Ryan White post. I certainly wasn't. Please continue posting as you always have 
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 08:26:01 AM »
I totally agree; there was nothing wrong with the post.  I hope we don't lose you!!!
Josette

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 05:03:28 PM »
I'm familiar with the person but haven't seen the movie. I think before I joined and for awhile after, there was a capacity issue here but no longer. As long as it has OT, anything that has DS alumni appearing in it is totally relevant to post and discuss - I've done it myself several times. I appreciate the heads up , cause anything Mitch was in, peaks my interest to try and check it out. So please don't bail, don't want to lose any more posters.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 10:11:32 PM »
Hi Josette and Patrick thanks for your support I wii continue to post here.
Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 12:26:21 AM »
It was perfectly fine to post about seeing the Ryan White made-for-TV movie, Annie.  You're mentioning it brought back my memories of seeing it on the tube and I totally forgot Mitch Ryan was in it.  That was so long ago, back in the 80's, I believe.  Where did the time go?  I remember, back in the "good, old days" there were many very well done television movies about contemporary topics and subject matters, including biographies.  Those films commanded massive audiences and quite a few won multitudes of awards.  They truly don't make them like that anymore.  The only place left to see productions like that (from the few I've seen, I'm not impressed with the quality) are on the forty-thousand various streaming channels and none of them go on to achieve the status of a television classic.  The Ryan White Story is still remembered today, but no one recalls whatever made-for-streaming thing about something-or-someone-or-other that appeared on Netflix or Vudoo or FlipFlap or whatever two days ago.

Gerard