Author Topic: A Potential Book From Kathryn Leigh Scott  (Read 98 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A Potential Book From Kathryn Leigh Scott
« on: August 07, 2023, 06:05:19 PM »
TLATKLS posted on her Facebook page that she is "considering" publishing a book about the DS conventions, from the early days of Shadowcon to the 2016 festival. There certainly seems to be a fan interest in such a book. The Shadowcon days are not as well documented as the festivals but I'm sure there are plenty of stories to tell. I went to two of them, 1983 and 1984. By 1984, those in charge were losing interest in DS and were including more and more outside programming. Aside from a screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, with the original ending, most of the events were sparsely attended. Still, Shadowcon limped on for a couple more years. One of the final ones, that I did not attend, focused on V. Lizards did not rule.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: A Potential Book From Kathryn Leigh Scott
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 09:12:14 PM »
Hi uncle roger sounds really cool. Hope she does Do this book.
Thanks fo sharing the info .
Anne 😇
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: A Potential Book From Kathryn Leigh Scott
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 03:11:16 AM »
If KLS’s proposed book on the fans recollections on attending DS Festivals ever does get published, I wonder if we’ll see the reminiscences of several of our own DSF cousins included in that book?

I recall that Lydia and Teresa, two DS Forums posters, would post frequently on the upcoming DS Festivals, in anticipation of meeting up with DS fans from all over the country. We haven’t heard from either of them in quite some time. It would be great to read what they have to say about those DS Festivals from the halcyon days of DS fandom.